Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Newbie!

Hi everyone!  I just got engaged on Saturday!  It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday and I planned him an elaborate photo scavenger hunt around the city.  He used 3 of his photos to propose!  I about died.  I was so focused on his party, that I didn't have any idea what he was doing.  That gives you a little bit of an idea of how much I like planning things.  Planning our wedding may just kill me!  Kidding!  (I hope...)

We would like to get married sometime in the fall of 2013.  I'm very interested in J. Vernos Studios.  My cousin had his daughter's First Communion party there and my fiancee and I loved it!

I will probably be using the forums a lot over the next couple of months.  Any and all tips, ideas, etc. are welcome!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie!

• Congrats and welcome!! Your proposal story is very cute.

• Congrats!!!

I would start booking things asap if you want to get married next Fall! We were engaged in July and most venues that we looked at were already booked through next November. 
  • Thanks, everyone!  I'm trying to get everything started, and luckily, I work at a bridal store, so I have an idea of what needs to be done when.  We've helped people that were getting married in less than a week figure stuff out, so while next fall is right around the corner, it's not as soon as those brides' dates! 

I can do this.  I can do this.  I can do this....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Book your venue, asap!!  Fall is an exceptionally popular time for weddings in Pittsburgh.  We booked our venue in July for Oct 2013, and they only had the last saturday of the month available at that time.  Also, photographers book quickly.  I almost had a heart attack when I started calling the ones I really loved last month and most were already booked for our date.  Identify your priorities and make sure you book those items as soon as feasibly possible.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards