Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

NYE Reception Venues

Looking for any inspiration - had my heart set on a NYE wedding but due to the whole 'First Night' thing and other local galas, I canNOT find a venue for a NYE wedding this year.  Any ideas?  It would be a 250-ish person wedding so I'd need a larger venue.  Thanks in advance if you have anything:)

Re: NYE Reception Venues

• Options
    yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried banquet/firehalls? Are you looking for downtown places or in the suburbs?
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, some budget/style info would be helpful if you know those things.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    amylion525amylion525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Downtown for sure - going for formal/black-tie event.....say an evening ceremony and then reception....

thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A former knottie had her wedding (ceremony and reception I believe) at the LeMont on New Years Day. Not sure if they could do NYE, but it's worth a look.
  • Options
    steff308steff308 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a NYE reception at the Sheraton in Cranberry Twp.  It was awesome.  Her colors were fuschia, silver, and black--she had ostrich feather centerpieces, chair covers with pink satin sashes, and did a balloon drop at midnight!!  She provided guests with NYE party hats, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was at the Circuit Center on the South Side and it would fit those requirements.  My guess is that they would do a NYE wedding, but might have restrictions on how much you would need to spend.

GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

we had our wedding at the lemont on new years day. the lemont can fit approx 240-250. if you plan to invite 250, then you would def fit there since not everyone will RSVP for the wedding. we booked our venue in jan 2009 for jan 2010 and both banquet rooms were booked for NYE by then. i don't know if you are looking for this NYE or next. chances are this NYE is going to be extremely difficult since it's a friday night (i also anticipate new yrs day to be busy, since it'll be 1.1.11). regardless, we loved the lemont. it was reasonably priced (shocking, i know) and absolutely gorgeous. i know they book up quickly though for NYE since it has a direct view of the fireworks. as far as i could tell though the lemont did not do minimums-they are very, very easy going.

good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    also getting married nye!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards