Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Day is on Brother's Birthday!

My wedding is on my big brother's birthday :) He is going to walk me down the aisle and I am really excited! My fiance and I thought it would be nice for the pastor to say that we wish my brother a very happy birthday at the end of the ceremony. I'm just struggling to think of what gift to get him! I feel like it should be more special this year because he's sharing his birthday with my wedding! thoughts?

Re: Wedding Day is on Brother's Birthday!

• Options
    I'd leave mention of your brother's birthday out of the ceremony. Instead, give a speech at the reception where you can wish him a happy birthday, or have the band/DJ play his favorite song and dedicate it to him.
  • Options
    I agree. Don't mention it during your wedding ceremony. That just seems odd to me. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Have the DJ mention it or even play an happy birthday song at the reception.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the reception idea! I agree that would sound better than at the ceremony.
  • Options
    keep it at the reception. My best friend got married on her dad's birthday and it was 2 days after my birthday.  They made an announcement at the reception and sang happy birthday to us. It was a sweet gesture.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes, yes for the reception.  That would be cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards