Honeymoon Discussions

September Honeymoon

So I have a few questions for everyone!! We are getting married September 20, 2014, I know it can rain anywhere, but I think we may avoid the Caribbean since its hurricane season and head toward Mexico. Has anyone every honeymooned or vacationed in Mexico toward the end of September? If so, where do you recommend? Looking for somewhere all inclusive if possible. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: September Honeymoon

• edited May 2013
    If you are thinking the Cancun/RM area, or even Los Cabos, they, too are affected by hurricanes. So, my best advice is to plan your HM for where you want and purchase trip insurance just in case something comes up.

• I am getting married in September also.  We opted for Aruba since it is out of the hurricane belt. We didn't want to take the chance of going someplace that could potentially get hit with a storm. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aruba, bonaire and curacao are technically out of the belt but they are affected too-it's jsut much less frequent.

the west coast of mexico's hurricane season goes until october.

if you want to avoid rain all together I suggest the sahara :)  it rains in the caribbean when it's not hurricanse season too.

you always will have the chance of rain.

• mego721mego721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks everyone!!
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I'm doing a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season.  As CMGr mentioned, you barely realize the storm is going on because the ship will head to a different island, change the route, etc.
  • kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am doing a cruise to Bahamas and Key West during hurricane season this coming September.  I already confirmed with Royal Caribbean that the ship will just change course and travel around the storm.  It could re-route our island destinations but there is also plenty to do on our ship!  And during hurricane season, cruise fare is dirt cheap!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kmd0501 said:
    I am doing a cruise to Bahamas and Key West during hurricane season this coming September.  I already confirmed with Royal Caribbean that the ship will just change course and travel around the storm.  It could re-route our island destinations but there is also plenty to do on our ship!  And during hurricane season, cruise fare is dirt cheap!
    I bet this is the same cruise I did a couple of years ago. I also went at the end of September. We were chasing a hurricane at the time, but we still had a great trip. A couple of my shore excursions had to be cancelled due to rough water (I rebooked on other excursions), so just be aware that is a possibility.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards