Plus-Sized

davids bridal possibly compromissed my info

so i have been to davids bridal before i was a walk in and wanted to try on some dresses they took no info from me and i made no apointments.. but i did fill out the win a gown thing from a local bridal show a year ago.. this am i go to check my email and i see a confirmation email from davids bridal about an apt i had made to try on gowns at a davids bridal that is more than 4 hours from me in nj. i dont live in nj i live in ct  no way i could have made an apt much less in a town in a state 4 hours from me. i am going to call the paramus nj store that the apt was suposidly made at and let them know i did no make it and to cancel it. i have such an uncomon last name and first name i have white paged my name and there is one other person with  my same first and last name but this person lives in IL. and no way they could have the same email address as me plus the age given on white pages lists this person as a college age student.

i am looking for gowns still but i am not going to purchase anything from davids bridal as i did not like anything they have to offer.

Re: davids bridal possibly compromissed my info

• As soon as you sign up for anything at Davids, you are on their mailing list and they will try to set you up appointments. You will likely also start hearing from other vendors that they sell their mailing list to.  I got a call from Men's Wearhouse once a month to confirm our tuxedo appointments. We never made appointments. They are just trying to get you to make the phone call saying "I don't have an appointment", so they can say "Well, lets book one for you!". 
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    Ditto to everything cmgilpin said! I went to try on dresses to get an idea of what I would like and that was about a year ago. I still have a year to go and they've called me at least 10 times to make an appointment for my bridesmaids to try on dresses. I hadn't chosen anyone yet and there was no way I was going to make anyone buy a dress that early on if I had. I told them that every time and they STILL called back. I finally talked to a manager and it stopped. I also got two calls about cookware demonstrations and one call from Men's Wearhouse (DB's brother company).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• well it turns out someone from the nj store had a similar name to mine and they somehow clicked my name instead. they have really nice gowns but i want something unique something that has not been seen often.. and davids is like a mass produced gown store 
  • What PP's said, once you do go there, they will sell your info. I bought my MOH dress there for my BFF's wedding and they called me sometimes 3x's a day. It was ridiculous. I have never gone back. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards