Chit Chat

Pet Peeve

2»

Re: Pet Peeve

• @AddieL73 please tell me you are being facetious =)
    Anniversary
  • @Addie, that drives me nuts too.  Some woman was talking to me yesterday about her baby.  When I asked how old he was, she said "38 months".  What the fuck, lady?  Your baby is a toddler, and he's motherfucking 3, okay?
    OMG! I just went to quote this to respond and i realized by quoting i can see @stagemanager14 swears!! Day made!

Oh, and I agree. I mean I can understand MAYBE up to 18 months, but after that its like no...
    Well that blows Guess What Stage Said all to fucking hell now, doesn't it?  Dislove!

DISAGREE! Now we can see who's right! Honor system for guesses, and GO!
  • @AddieL73 please tell me you are being facetious =)
    The weight loss thing?  Because right now when I think "shake," all I think about is how sick I am of Harlem Shake videos.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Addie, yes, the weight loss thing.

Harlem Shake?? Don't you know the new thing is twerking now!!

Anniversary
  • edited May 2013
    Edited cuz talking about my job online probably will get me fired n stuff.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Workplace pet peeve: Vagueness. I work in the financial industry, which you would think would attract fellow anal retentive workers. But no, almost daily I get calls where people only know "there was a transaction two years ago", or "some sort of account". It's left to me to use my psychic powers to figure out wtf is going on.

Oh my goodness, yes! An email from a coworker came in: 
    So, I lost a receipt today, and by lost I mean accidentally threw it away while cleaning out my car."

I replied:  
    Send me the store location, amount, and last 4 digits of your card.  I'll take care of it.

His response:
    Walmart.  I think it was somewhere between $10 and $40.  I don't have the card number on me, is it really necessary

SERIOUSLY?  We have 13 Walmarts in the area and you want me to call each of them and have customer service go through every credit card charge they had for Monday looking for one somewhere between $10 and $40, pull up scanned images and try to identify your signature?  Yeah, I'll get right on that, Skippy.
    You mean you have other things that need to be done?  Her teensy request is too much for you?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Workplace pet peeve: Vagueness. I work in the financial industry, which you would think would attract fellow anal retentive workers. But no, almost daily I get calls where people only know "there was a transaction two years ago", or "some sort of account". It's left to me to use my psychic powers to figure out wtf is going on.

So, I lost a receipt today, and by lost I mean accidentally threw it away while cleaning out my car."

I replied:  
    Send me the store location, amount, and last 4 digits of your card.  I'll take care of it.

His response:
    Walmart.  I think it was somewhere between $10 and $40.  I don't have the card number on me, is it really necessary

SERIOUSLY?  We have 13 Walmarts in the area and you want me to call each of them and have customer service go through every credit card charge they had for Monday looking for one somewhere between $10 and $40, pull up scanned images and try to identify your signature?  Yeah, I'll get right on that, Skippy.
    You mean they can't check their purchase and location online? Like on their own?
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For some reason lately, I have a sufficient amount of clients arguing with me about money in situations where I have to quote certain products or materials so that they don't EXPLODE.

Sir, I understand that you don't want to pay that much for a product, but I can't quote you something that I know will cause an explosion capable of melting down your entire facility.

Why doesn't the word, EXPLODE, sound like something they should consider?

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I'm not talking about people that are lost. I would not be annoyed by someone who is lost. I'm talking about people who do not plan and just like get off the exit and say, "Hey, now what?" and I have to spend 30 minutes walking them through each and every turn.
  • I used to smoke. One day I flicked the butt out the car window, it came BACK in the window, and went down the back of my shirt. Served me right and I never did it again.

My pet-peeve today is working in a building with the social dynamics of a high school. Who's annoyed at who because they didn't like their "tone," who's gossiping, who's pissed because they found out someone was gossiping...I just can't.

• OH YES.... the "tone" thang....  YESH.
  • Pet peeve right now. The damn kitten trying to steal my motherfucking straw from my caramel ribbon crunch frap! BAD LETO! 
    Anniversary
  • Another work related... new sales rep quotes OUR price to a customer so we make zero money on it but yet I spend time away from money-making sales to track down the vendor, set up an account and submit orders. Yay!
    Anniversary
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    sydaries said:
    Workplace pet peeve: Vagueness. I work in the financial industry, which you would think would attract fellow anal retentive workers. But no, almost daily I get calls where people only know "there was a transaction two years ago", or "some sort of account". It's left to me to use my psychic powers to figure out wtf is going on.

I replied:  

His response:

You mean they can't check their purchase and location online? Like on their own?
    Not for an in-store purchase made with a University credit card.  I have to call customer service, have them find the purchase, and then argue with them for 10 minutes that yes, they really CAN fax or email me a copy of the receipt.  It's a ball. 

Although, still not as bad as Lowe's, where I have to show up IN PERSON at the store of purchase WITH the credit card in hand to get a dupe receipt.  Seriously though, I don't understand what is so hard about "put the receipt in your godsdammed wallet as soon as they hand it to you, then turn it in the next day at work."

I've had people lose reciepts and I make them reimburse the charge. Once they do that, they never lose a receipt again.
  • Right now this second my pet peeve is the fact that Giada De Laurentiis pronounces any remotely Italian word with a thick Italian accent. Including the word "pasta".
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Giada always talks with her mouth full.  I can't stand that.  Although, the dress in the picture Linger posted is really cute!
  • YES Rachel Ray- her voice drives me insane..... UGH.    
  • People who ride their bikes on the f*cking sidewalk. 

This has been a huge pet peeve of mine since I moved to DC (where people bike on the sidewalks constantly even though it's illegal) seven years ago, but it turned into a psychotic hatred two years ago when I got hit by a biker while walking to work. I was on the sidewalk and the street had a bike lane. And I got hit hard. The only reason I didn't get run over is because I'm young and athletic and I was able to catch the bike by the handle bars as she swerved and hit me. She still hit me hard enough where the tire rubber broke skin and left a palm sized bruise that took 2 month to completely heal. 

More than anything though it bothers me because all of these people are on the sidewalk because they're too chicken-sh*t to bike in the street. So they don't want to put themselves at risk, but it's fine to endanger everyone around them. So much rage.
    Here in Indy we have an 8-mile Cultural Trail.  Some parts have separate pedestrian and bike areas, sometimes they are combined.  They have signs alerting you when to merge/unmerge.   I can't tell you how many walkers there are in the bike lane.  Sometimes I get yell at me for being on the sidewalk when I'm actually on the bike path AND I always alert them if I'm coming from behind. 

Other parts of the city have bike lanes on the street.  There are often cars there.  

Basically bikes have no home.  Cars hate bikes on the street.  Pedestrians hate bikes on the sidewalk.  I completely get the beef on both sides.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    Basically bikes have no home.  Cars hate bikes on the street.  Pedestrians hate bikes on the sidewalk.  I completely get the beef on both sides.  
    Solution:

Is that a teleporter that will get me to work?
  • lyndausvi said:
    Solution:
    It's sad to think walking or some sort of motorized vehicles are they only options to get from point A to point B.

Indy has a lot of bikers, so drivers seem to be use to them. I feel pretty safe riding here. I do as many errands as I can on bike.  I have a  basket in the back to load up groceries and such.  I feel like I get to places faster and parking is not an issue.  I'm a safe rider.  Use lights, signals, alert people if I'm behind them,etc.    

Just like drivers and walkers there are some a-holes out there giving the rest of us a bad name.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Mine is stemming for cheer tryouts last night.  I have the makings of a nice black eye today cos some new flyer was too eager to impress to go through progressions properly and threw a stunt that we hadn't progressed to yet.  We can all do the stunt in question, but we've never worked together before, so normal people would do each progression 1-2 times to make sure it works and is safe.  She bailed on the way down and used my face to catch her fist.  I'm so sick of being injured by stupid people doing skills wen they shouldn't be doing them.  Safety first for a reason people!!

• lyndausvi said:
    People who ride their bikes on the f*cking sidewalk. 

This has been a huge pet peeve of mine since I moved to DC (where people bike on the sidewalks constantly even though it's illegal) seven years ago, but it turned into a psychotic hatred two years ago when I got hit by a biker while walking to work. I was on the sidewalk and the street had a bike lane. And I got hit hard. The only reason I didn't get run over is because I'm young and athletic and I was able to catch the bike by the handle bars as she swerved and hit me. She still hit me hard enough where the tire rubber broke skin and left a palm sized bruise that took 2 month to completely heal. 

More than anything though it bothers me because all of these people are on the sidewalk because they're too chicken-sh*t to bike in the street. So they don't want to put themselves at risk, but it's fine to endanger everyone around them. So much rage.
    Here in Indy we have an 8-mile Cultural Trail.  Some parts have separate pedestrian and bike areas, sometimes they are combined.  They have signs alerting you when to merge/unmerge.   I can't tell you how many walkers there are in the bike lane.  Sometimes I get yell at me for being on the sidewalk when I'm actually on the bike path AND I always alert them if I'm coming from behind. 

Other parts of the city have bike lanes on the street.  There are often cars there.  

My town's bike ordinance is super goofy.  Anywhere east of 7th Street, you can ride your bike on the sidewalk.  Anywhere west of 7th Street, you must ride in the street.  There's no difference with bike lanes or anything, so it seems completely random.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards