October 2013 Weddings
Options

When is your wedding date and how did you pick it?

After I tried adding some people onto the wedding date thread, it disappeared.

Our is October 5. FI basically picked the date. I wanted fall. Originally September 7 to be exact, but with it being the weekend right after Labor Day, we opted against it. The other weekends in September didn't work. FI suggested October 5th. It happens to fall on his birthday (I think it was his way of always knowing our anniversary, even though he remembers important dates anyway). So we both won. I got my fall wedding and he got a date he will never forget!

Your turn.

Best Answers

• Options
    09McSteph0309McSteph03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Answer ✓
    the 12th for us.  I wanted April 2014 and NOT A SINGLE PERSON was on my side.  I then said November was OK but it had to be the early part.  We found the venue and they had a few dates in October.  We picked the 12th.  I am still semi bitter. 
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: When is your wedding date and how did you pick it?

• Options
    October 12th.

Our church and pastor, venue and some preferred vendors were all open that day (it was either October 12th or July 6th). Our church is not air conditioned and FI likes the fall, so October sounded great.

As for our jobs and lifestyle, summer could have been better, but October also gave us another 3 months to plan. (July would have been an 11 month engagement.) I'm happy with our choice and am looking forward to it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    megra03megra03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

October 19

FI and I love the fall!  His parents anniversary is October 12, so we didn't want to take that.  Also, October 19 is Sweetest Day (its seriously a northeast Ohio holiday that pretty much no one else knows about!  like a mini Valentine's Day)  And my parents got engaged on Sweetest Day, 33 years ago, so that was an added bonus!

• Options
    It's October 25th, which is a Friday. We were engaged on Valentine's Day and didn't want to wait until the following year to get married. We figured we might have to look into November but the place we wanted had some Friday nights left, and they gave us some really good discounts ($500 instead of 3K to rent the room!) to book within the peak wedding season (May-Oct) since they were trying to sell all of those. There was a date available the first weekend in October but we have to fly to a wedding at the end of September and thought there might be too much going on that close to the wedding, so we picked the later date.
  • Options
    October 19th. Our Facebook official relationship beginning was 18 October 2009, so I wanted to get married around then, so 10/19 made sense.

• Options
    13 Oct. 

My favorite number is 13; FI's is 10. 10.13 is a Sunday, so it worked. Also, we both love fall, and we made our relationship "official" in October, so we wanted our marriage to be then, too.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    We knew we wanted a fall wedding.  I think it is the best time of year in New England.  When we went to start looking at venues everyone had everything open.   When we went back to book two weeks later October 5th was already gone along with the morning of October 12th(we wanted to book the whole day).  So we ended up with october 12th later in the evening.  I think it will definately be different with all the lights I am just hoping it is not too cold!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    October 5

I have always wanted a fall wedding, I love the foliage in New England.  FI actually wanted to get married in September because he was afraid that it was going to be cold when we got married but I knew there wouldn't be much foliage in September (even the beginning of October is pushing it).  We were originally thinking about Columbus day weekend but our venue was already booked for that entire weekend so we decided on the weekend before.  We also met in October so it's perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options

October 26th

We wanted the 19th,but couldn't find a venue in our budget that had that day open.  The 26th is a birthday for my sister, my cousin, FI's cousin and one of my good friends who will be at the wedding, so FI said we needed to have my sister's permission, which she was fine with.  We didn't want to wait until spring to get married and a winter wedding in central NY was definitely out.  We also had to plan around his work's crazy way of getting time off- he had to stand in line at 5 a.m. (work begins at 8:30) to ask for time off for our wedding. 

• Options
    October 18th

We are both teachers and so we looked at school breaks and fall break gave us the perfect amount of planning time.  We're getting married in Vegas so we decided a Friday would be best so people can fly out on Saturday or Sunday.  Unfortunately, after we planned everything, my fiance got a new job and has a different fall break.  But it's all planned so he just gets a fall break and a few other extra days off!

• Options
    SweetB7SweetB7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    October 26

We wanted a fall wedding and were told if we did it later in October the cost would be dropped approximately $5,000.00. That was our deciding factor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Amarayan where in central ny.
  • Options
    @jlschell- can you please introduce yourself? I don't think we've seen you around here. Thanks!

• Options
    October 19th.  That was the ONLY date our ceremony site had open that wasn't an 8am wedding!

It's about a week or so after he and I first started officially dating (again [we did the amicable split and get back together thing once]), and I wanted something close to that.  :)
  • Options
    October 19th - because its my grandmother's birthday.
    We were originally looking for a November wedding because of budget.  When we realized the increase wasn't as significant as we thought we settled on October.  The 19th seemed to be the perfect date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

October 5th- I always wanted a fall wedding and my FI gets very hot in the warm weather. I was worried September would be a little too warm, and our venue only had two dates in October to choose from.. so we went with the earlier date. (And 5 is my lucky number :))

On another note.. my sister just got married on 5/10. So our weddings are 5/10 & 10/5. Pure coincidence, but pretty cool all the same!

• Options
    October 20th

My fiancee and I both wanted a fall wedding and it is also my parent's 40th anniversary! 
  • Options
    We are getting married on October 5th too! I love fall and I always sweat so much at summer weddings so that was a factor! My dress is pretty heavy too, definitely not a summer wedding type dress. The colours in the fall are also so pretty!
  • Options
    October 26 we originally wanted thanksgiving weekend but with some close family friends work on fall fairs(vendors, food booth people) who i wanted to come we moved it to oct 19 but the reception venue we wanted was unavailable at that time so we had a choice between oct 5 or oct 26 and we picked oct 26. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    October 12th, it's the day my parents were married. Our wedding day will be their 34th anniversary :)  October also happens to be when we started dating...6 years ago!
  • Options
    October 6th

I really wanted a fall wedding, this will be the forth wedding in my family in four years all in the fall.  My FI also wanted to have it on a Sunday since all of his work friends are always off that day.  We were originally wanting October 13th, but our venue was already booked that day so we chose the 6th and now I get to marry him one week sooner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards