Michigan-Lansing
Options

Wedding/Reception Venues in Lansing

I am looking for a reception venue in the Greater Lansing area for this coming fall. I have checked with several venues already and everyone is booked. I am looking for something on October 19th, 26th or November 2nd.

I would really love to do a rustic-chic "theme". I am trying to steer away from reception halls with strange carpeting.

I've checked with the following venues and they are BOOKED:
The Grand Loft
Woldumar Nature Center
Timber Ridge Golf Course
The Milestone Barn
The Grand Ledge Country Club

I've checked with the following but haven't heard back yet:
Eagle Eye/Hawk Hollow
The Grand Ledge Opera House
The Country Mill
The Old Town Marquee

Does anyone have suggestions for additional venues to look into?

I am also looking for a church to hold my ceremony. I attend Trinity Church but the church is too big for what we want and has no center aisle. We are looking for an older, more traditional church.

Re: Wedding/Reception Venues in Lansing

• Options
     Welcome to the Lansing Board.  There is a reproduction of an old church at the Meridian Township Historical Park that can be rented for weddings.  Also, the Hawk Hollow wedding chapel is very nice.  The MSU Alumni Chapel is beautiful, but is likely booked (usually books 18 months in advance).  St. Katherine's Episcopal in Williamston has a lovely old chapel.  The Bridge Street Chapel in Grand Ledge is also supposed to be nice.
  • Options
    Try the Peacock road tree farm and Woldumar.

I don't know if they have weird carpet or not, but the Greater Lansing Area Realtors have a ball room.
  • Options
    I had to laugh out loud at the "strange carpet" comment. That was one thing that drove me nuts and is why I ended up choosing Eagle Eye. Every other place I went to had carpet with huge floral patterns or primary colors. I seriously went and just scoped out the carpet at a lot of places. Eagle eye's carpet is neutral and will go with any color scheme! ;)
  • Options
    I'll add the Country Creek Reception Hall (search them on facebook) They just redid the place, taking out random carpet for hardwood floors. They are relatively new but I bet still have some openings in the fall.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! We looked at Eagle Eye this week and really like them! And there's no strange carpet ;) Thanks again for all the help!
  • Options
    The carpet was one of the things that DD was worried about when we were venue shopping.  One of the coordinators pointed out, and now that the wedding is over, I have to agree.  Once the room is filled with chairs, tables and tablecloths (especially if you use a longer cloth), no one notices the carpet.  So although you may want to take it into consideration, I certainly wouldn't make it a deciding factor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards