Massachusetts-Boston

Should I include a map/directions card? Should I hire a bus?

Hi ladies,

I wanted to solicit a bit of advice. My ceremony is in Westwood at a church, and my reception is in Brookline (about 30 min away).

Most (if not all) guests will need to drive, since the church is not right next to any public transport (concievably people could take the commuter rail and then taxi but I can see that being more trouble than it's worth).

First question is, is it polite to offer transportation for guests making this trek? I don't want to add too many more costs but I do realize I'm making it a bit inconvenient for people. There aren't going to be TOO many out of town guests so most people will have cars already, but I'd like to know your thoughts or if anyone has been in a similar situation! The other thing is I think even a lot of in-town guests will stay at a hotel near the reception that evening, so I'm thinking a lot of people will drop their car off first at the hotel and then taxi it over to the venue (there is a fairly large gap in between ceremony & reception to allow for us to do photos and for people to commute to the venue - I should mention this is on a Friday so people will need to combat rush hour traffic possibly).

Second question is mainly if I choose not to include transporation - should I include one of those cute map/directions cards? I've seen a few on etsy but none of them will provide hard copy samples, they will only send you a proof once you've actually purchased everything. Most people use GPS these days anyway but I have seen quite a few folks include maps in their invites.

Grateful for your thoughts, especially those who have been in this kind of similar situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards