Wedding Invitations & Paper

printing labels

I am trying to export my guest list to excel or word so that I can print labels to put on my envelopes.  Does anyone have ANY idea how to do this? 

Re: printing labels

• wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

I was considering sticky labels too, because I was so stressed over the thought of addressing them myself.  But based on the feedback I got on here, I addressed them by hand.  It was WAY easier than I expected to be.  I was absolutely terrified of doing it, but they came out great and didn't take long at all.

Like Stage suggested, it's acceptable to feed them through a printer and have them printed with a nice font.  I've seen those, and they look great.

I also don't have any clue about exporting the list.  After reading about how glitchy TK is, I put my list into excel by hand (well, fingers).  It took me a while to write everything out, but I'm so happy that I did it.

Edited for clarity...and then again for spelling

• You need to do a mail merge. It's a somewhat tedious process (honestly, likely LESS tedious for a newbie than handwriting). I would just google/use MS Help. However, if you do that, print on the actual envelope, it's cheaper anyway than buying extra labels.
  • I am trying to export my guest list to excel or word so that I can print labels to put on my envelopes.  Does anyone have ANY idea how to do this? 
    I'm not a fan of labels for wedding invites.   If you don't want to hand write, run the envelope through the printer.  Just as easy and looks much nicer.
  • We used clear labels on our invites. We would've hand written them, but neither one of us has good handwriting. Every invite that we have received wasn't handwritten.
  • Thanks for all the information.  I ended up using the MSWord labels format, copy/pasting my address from TK and printing them.  I was able to use a cute font, and printing on clear labels made them look very nice.  

Sorry if this offends you CMGr, but as I am not traditional I didn't think that handwriting them and wasting time was necessary.  Also, when you comment on a site that is supposed to be for sharing and community as the category is called, it would be nice if you took the snarky and superior tone out of your comments.  I was asking for help, not judgment! While planning my wedding is exciting, it is also stressful, and your comment that I should for NO REASON put labels on my envelopes really has NO REASON of being on the comment, and doesn't make anything better.  I didn't ask what you thought I should do.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards