Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Food for Thought

I need some help my fellow Knotties!  The wedding ceremony and reception is Halloween 2014 and we're trying to decide on what food to have for our buffet.  Our wedding is completely non-traditional from the dress to the vows to the choice of dinner music so I feel why should the food be any different!  
I'm not a fan of "wedding food" (no potato balls for this girl!) but I have no clue on what to serve.  We don't have a favorite food because we love to mix it up.  We did consider a food truck but then we have to rent more items so choosing a cater seems to be the more logical route. So what screams memorable fall yummies for a Hallowedding to you?

Re: Food for Thought

• Options
    Just serve food that you enjoy and that tastes good.  I know you said that you don't have a favorite food but there has to be food that you enjoy.  I would worry more about the food be yummy and something the majority people will enjoy rather then it being "different" or "untraditional".

• Options
    The majority of the weddings I've attended in my life the food has been blah at most.  I really want to have good food that fits into our theme or at least is cohesive in style like Italian, BBQ, Mexican ect..  Fancy be damned is exactly my point!  Who said a wedding dinner must have some kind of chicken, beef and green beans??  I HATE green beans but caterers keep trying to get me to have them so this is why I turned to the forum for help.

A few soups, salad and maybe a pasta is killer idea, very rockin! Our other thought is Italian (I'm Italian and it is my go to food).  So now I have two good ideas :) Thank you for your help ladies!!

• Options
    i am also a quarter italian and i love italian food i will give you some ideas

arronchini di riso  its an italian rice ball its traditionaly made with  risoto rice peas and meat but you can make them with rice and cheese my dad makes em that way and they are good finger foods

motz and tomatos drizzled with pesto sauce 

you could do like 3 kinds of pasta a meat pasta a veggie pasta and a plain pasta 
    have a few sauces to choose from, tomato, alfredo and maybe a lemon butter garlic sauce

have the pastas mixed with the meat and the veggies then have the sauces on the side so people can choose what sauce they want 

focaccia bread

maybe some mini flat bread pizzas

you can get really creative with your menue

for desert offer mini canolies with your cake

• Options
    Siren89Siren89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    A more expensive, but fun idea for a non-traditional food option would be going to molecular gastronomy route.  Depending on what you have available in the area, a lot of chefs are doing more creative things with food that would fit into a Halloween wedding.  Some companies provide services like cocktails made with liquid nitrogen and caviar made from fruit or vegetable juices to name a couple.  Many are happy to see what they can do beyond the standard chicken or fish options at a wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards