Not Engaged Yet
Options

Weekend Plans

2»

Re: Weekend Plans

• Options
    @leia1979 yes he has!!!! I just submitted his resume to the University for a couple of positions in their IT department. Fingers crossed that he'll get out of his current employer soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

I have a long weekend!

Tonight I bartend from 6-close.

Tomorrow I will attempt to sleep in, but I do not think the pups will allow it. Once my friend is done working she said she'd come over and help work on getting invites assembled. At night we have an expo/dinner to prepare for our half marathon on Sunday.

Sunday I am running my fourth half marathon. This one I am doing it with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. My goal is to PR under 2:05. However, my lack of training might make it impossible. In the end the only thing that matters is that I finished and raised money for a great cause. Once we are done running, I think we are stuffing our faces with wings and beer (this may be my motivation to run faster). Luckily, this year it isn't going to be 85 degrees and 95% humidity at 7am start time.

• Options
    Ugh. I have a fever, a sore throat, and a nasty headache, so plans through at least tomorrow are recovering and not infecting anyone. Assuming that works out, BF and I are going to DC on Sunday. We will visit the Air and Space Museum and possibly the zoo if there is good weather, and then get a fancy dinner. And then I have nursing school orientation on Monday :D
  • Options
    @mhollister I ended up going to Sephora to get my makeup done, otherwise I would have done it myself. It turned out really well. Today is my Saturday and I awoke to a phone call saying my dr's appt had to be moved up 3 hours, so I hightailed it down there. I can proudly say I'm free of all medical debt today!! Now I'm catching up on cleaning since I've been working my ass off for the last four weeks. The place is a freaking mess. Lots of laundry and vacuuming. I renewed our lease today, so they're coming to steam clean the carpets on Tuesday. Woohoo!! Tomorrow I'm going over to my BFF's house and we're going to cook dinner!! I'm really excited about it. She's a great cook, so I'm hoping to learn from her. I'm really bitchy right now and I know we hate to pass off poor behavior on PMS, but holy shit this is a wave of anxiety/sensitivity I don't normally posess. Hopefully it passes soon or my weekend is going to turn to shit fast.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options

@audrewuh what is this "*no no word*" nonsense? Is this TK's new way of censoring? Oh boy.

I'm feeling the same way too in regards to anxiety. I had a full-on anxiety attack last night, bf had to give me an Ambien to calm me down. Hopefully everything will work out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @audrewuh - You get steam cleaning every time you renew your lease? Wow! Is that at your expense, or your landlord's, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Today I worked in the morning to early afternoon.  I am currently trying to fix the music playing problem on my iPhone 5 before I head down to the harbor and try to talk the BF into going for a hike. 

Tomorrow I get to go see a puppy that I might adopt. It's half bernese mountain dog and half rottweiler.  I am super stoked.  After that I get to go to work until midnight.

On Sunday I get to do nothing before I go to work and preclose.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Shiroyasha - This is minskat30 (home account)...take a picture of the puppy and post!  :) What an interesting combination of dog breeds!  I love Bernese Mountain Dogs though...really great dogs and super sweet. 
  • Options

Still at work for a couple more hours, not that I expect to really get much done. I am so pooped from the past couple of weeks (I have a demanding retail job and have had one day off out of  the past 12...), I don't think I can bring myself to do much more than make it look like I'm working right now! Sooo glad I have the next two days off :D

After work tonight, meeting up with SO - who is taking the bus to where I work so we can just have one car between us - then we are heading to a going-away party for a couple we are good friends with who are about to move far away (sniffle). After that I imagine we will go home and pass out.

During the day tomorrow we'll probably spend a lot of time cleaning, grooming our kitten (clipping his claws and bathing him, a monthly ritual he loathes), and hopefully some time at the gym. I am also going to try to write a few blog posts - blogging is a hobby I enjoy, but it's easy for me to fall behind on it! And like buddysmom80's SO, mine is also preparing for a tech-y certification exam (COMPTia A+) coming up in a couple of weeks. I just ordered a new study guide for him that I think will be better than the one he's been using, and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so hopefully it will arrive early enough in the day that he can squeeze in some good study time. Tomorrow evening we have another party, amusingly enough with almost the exact same group of friends as who will be at tonight's, but this one is a surprise party to celebrate the 30th birthday of another friend in the group.

Sunday is super up-in-the-air as we may or may not end up trying to host a lunch with SO's parents and my parents all together at our place. (See my "waiting game/parent advice" thread for more info on THAT! lol.) Other than that, I look forward to getting some laundry done and otherwise just plain vegging out that day :)

• Options
    Tonight we are doing more unpacking painting some closet doors and setting up a pantry.  Finally
    Tomorrow more stuff around the house, church and birthday dinner for a friend at hibachi.  I'm so excited for it!
    Sunday not much but stuff around the house, finally getting stuff out of the storage units too. The on Sunday night I have a reunion dinner with the cast of the show I did in March, we will watch the dvd of the show.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone too.

Anniversary

• Options
    @buddysmom80 WTF TK. On some boards, it's censoring, on others it isn't. And apparently HOW they censor varies too. The "**no no word** makes me feel like a fucking 2 year old. Eff off, TK. @KeptInStiches They pay for it apparently. I thought it was a common thing? This is the first time I've ever renewed a lease before. I usually just move. They should have paid to have my carpets cleaned when they bombed the place three times and then had the exterminator come in every day for a week and spray chemicals everywhere. But no, that one was on me. :p I own a carpet cleaner now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't have anything in the way of actual plans. I work tomorrow, so usually my weekkend is Sunday and Monday. But we're really busy at work right now so I'm working an extra day this Monday (overtime! Whoo hoo!)

I need to work on my plethora of projects, most for the wedding, one not. I also need to clean the house, but...meh. FI can do it :P

• Options
    @audrewuh I haven't heard of a rental company paying for annual carpet cleaning up in my neck of the woods. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, though.
  • Options
    We went to Baltimore to run Making Tracks for Celiacs. I was 4th in my age group and ran my first <8 mile. Fiancé took first in his :). We spent Saturday cleaning, and I spent the latter half of Sunday sleeping after the 5k.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    We went to Baltimore to run Making Tracks for Celiacs. I was 4th in my age group and ran my first <8 mile. Fiancé took first in his :). We spent Saturday cleaning, and I spent the latter half of Sunday sleeping after the 5k.
    We should have met up!  Although that stupid course killed me and BF. 
    I french with my man
  • Options
    dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013

The hill that was mile 2 was pretty ruthless, and the course was not a 5k it was over. My Garmin tracked 3.4 hugging most corners, my mother's nike tracked 3.7. We should have. I actually had a special shirt and everything! The vendor fair was small this year :(.

Will you be going to the Gluten Free Expo in Bethesda June 2nd?

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options

The hill that was mile 2 was pretty ruthless, and the course was not a 5k it was over. My Garmin tracked 3.4 hugging most corners, my mother's nike tracked 3.7. We should have. I actually had a special shirt and everything! The vendor fair was small this year :(.

Will you be going to the Gluten Free Expo in Bethesda June 2nd?

Aww, now I'm sad.  My nike tracked 3.5.  I was a little annoyed.  A bit of warning that the course was hilly would have been nice - I could have paced that first mile better.  This was our first year, so I was impressed with the vendor fair.  We ended up buying the pizza crusts, so I'm excited to make pizza at some point.  Did you see the seasoning mixes?

I wish I could do the expo on the 2nd.  Unfortunately with Tough Mudder in Philly June 1, the plan is to spend the night there after the race (we're anticipating some angry muscles), so we won't be back in time :(
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards