Getting in Shape
Options

Venue food tasting question

When you went for your tasting, how was it organized? Did everyone have their own plate of food or was it served hors d'oeurves style? The reason I ask is that a family member assumed another household member was invited and I don't really want to say no since they're traveling from out of town. We were told we could bring 4 people, but we now have 5. I don't want to call ahead and say someone else is coming unless I absolutely have to.

Re: Venue food tasting question

• Options
    Ours was enough food for each person. If they said you can bring 4, I would definitely call and ask if you can bring 5. 
  • Options
    We went to two tastings. During the first one, the caterer had a different plate of food for each person (so to try different choices you could switch plates). The second caterer also provided a plate of food for each person, but they provided small portions of each meal for each person (i.e. you ate 2-3 small meals, instead of passing plates around). For both, they needed to know exactly how many people were coming.

I would probably call and ask if you can bring a 5th person as well - it will help the caterer to prepare enough food (and have enough seating) for 5. You may also be charged slightly more for an extra person.
  • Options
    Thanks! I just called and told them that there was a fifth and offered to pay. She said it wasn't a problem at all and she wouldn't charge me.
  • Options
    Andrea, I am sure you are not the first one to ask about one, or probably even two, extras :)  I think they usually give those numbers so you don't end up coming with everyone and their mom (who doesn't want free food?)  Have so much fun at your tasting!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Tastings vary based on the caterer. We were told to come very hungry Disney gives a full portion of everything to each guest :/. I hope I can bring a doggy bag.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards