Texas-Houston
Options

125.00 for a Bustle?...really?

I finally got to try my dress on yesterday!! It fit perfectly. The only alteration I need is to have the bustle put in...but Weddings by Debbie quoted me $125.00!! Is this the norm?

Re: 125.00 for a Bustle?...really?

• Options
    I don't know what the "norm" is, but I think bridal shops tend to be more expensive to do their in house alterations.

I'm using an alterations place called The Brass Thimble on Jones road.  I'm not getting a bustle, but she's adding boning and straps to my wedding dress for only $55, and I've heard really good reviews.  She's hemming another two-layer dress of mine, plus shortening the straps, for only $20.  Her prices seem really cheap.  I'll let this board know when I get it back how well the alterations were done.

I would just check around to some other places if I were you.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Umm, that's right down the street from me! I might give them a try!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine for $30 at Jane's bridal and formal in Pearland. That's crazy expensive, don't pay that much.
  • Options
    Did you get any other alterations done? If so, were they good? I'm thinking about using them, but I haven't found too many reviews on them.
  • Options
    that's weird because every place I've tried on dresses at throw the bustle in for free.

yeah i wouldn't pay that much for a bustle when you can just safety pin it yourself :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards