Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Marriage License waiting period

Hey Ladies!! I wanted to ask those of you who have gotten your marriage license if it really only takes 3 days for the waiting period or if you've had any delays??

The reason I ask is that FI and I are OOT and if we get the license at Christmas it will expire before our wedding. The next time we will be in town together is the week of the wedding because we can't afford to fly up from FL again in between. If we go the Monday before our wedding, theoretically the license should be ready by Thursday. I just wanted to double check because otherwise we might have to go to the courthouse ere in FL before the wedding!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriage License waiting period

• Options
    The waiting period is only 3 days, there should not be a delay. I would make sure you pick it up on the third day though, as they will mail it to you free but you probably wont have enough time for it to come through snail mail, which would be the only thing I see as a delay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When we got ours they simply dated it for 3 days later (hence the 3 day waiting period) but we were able to walk out with it that day.  We did ours in Somerset County which is outside of Pittsburgh, but I've heard of other places doing that as well.  So, if you go the week of your wedding it shouldn't be an issue if that's the case.  My suggestion would be to call ahead and ask.  I made sure to do that to double check the cost as well because you never know if the info online is accurate.  It also didn't take that long, 20 minutes at the most and that was simply because the woman helping us was the only one there at the time.  Congrats!
  • Options
    CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Thank you ladies!! I was nervous about having to wait until the last minute but that definitely makes me feel better! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check the county website of where you are getting it.  Some will let you pay extra to "rush" it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards