Wedding Party

Upset about work friend and wedding situation

Re: Upset about work friend and wedding situation

• edited May 2013
  • I know you're hurt, but you have to put that behind you. It was her right to ask, or not ask, whomever she wanted to be her MOH.

Whether the girl lives in or out of state is irrelevant; the only job anyone has is to buy the right dress and show up on time and sober to the wedding. You are in no way obligated to host, throw, contribute, organise, plan, or pay for a shower. If you want to, that's great, but if you don't, that's OK, too.

Good luck!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • edited May 2013
  • I do appreciate the honesty!
  • The friends who are telling you they wouldn't even be in the wedding need to grow up. Really?  They'd drop out of the wedding and possibly end the friendship over not being THE CHOSEN ONE? That is lameasfuck.

Once, I wasn't even asked to be in the wedding party of a friend I thought was a GOOD friend. We still WERE good friends, but she simply had grown closer to a few other people. I was hurt at first, but I didn't confront her about it, and I came to realize it was not a commentary on our friendship. 

If you are not comfortable doing a reading, say so. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You consider this girl your best friend - so much so that you thought you'd be her MOH.  Now, b/c she picked someone she's grown closer to recently you don't want to stand up in the wedding at ALL?  That makes no sense....

I have no doubt she asked you to do the reading to try and make you feel more involved - you put her in a super awkward spot where she couldn't really change anything.  She certainly can't demote her MOH to make it you, and asking you at this point would be pointless since you already know she didn't pick you in the first place.  If you're not comfortable reading in public tell her that.

It's not the MOHs job to plan all the parties.  It's not the BM's job either, but I think refusing to participate b/c you're not the MOH is petty. 

Take a day to feel sorry for yourself.  Then move on.  She's still your best friend. Be there for her and help make her day wonderful and forget that you "should have" been her MOH.

• edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

•  HOWEVER, as an adult, you also are responsible for handling your emotions with grace and dignity.

Just because it needs to be repeated.
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards