Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Vows take 2

I've gone back to change some things and add more traditional-type vows.  Thanks to @NOLAbridealmost for your help with some of the wording.  Better?? Worse?? Same??

Todd, my love, my partner in life: A great person once said "Not all who wander are lost". Today, as I stand with you, those words have never been more true to me. Through all my travels and experiences, every journey I've taken and decision I’ve made has led me here to you. When you came into my life I knew I'd found something special, something different. You are someone who makes me feel at home - someone who reminds me that no matter where I may wander, I will never be lost: we will forever have each other. With you I am home. And today I make these promises to you as we start this journey:

I promise to support you and help to build a strong foundation for our family

I will cherish and value you for the wonderful and loving man that you are

I vow to always fight fair and never give up on our marriage

I will be your partner, standing strong with you, as life unfolds before us

I vow to take the tough times along with the good, and continue to learn as we grow as a couple

I promise to move forward in life, no longer just as you or me, but as us.

Where there are storms, we will weather them together; where there are troubles, I will stand with you

I love you now, forever, and for all time.

Edit: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/974511/first-crack-at-the-vows#latest the link to the first try at the vows

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vows take 2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards