Chit Chat
Options

Apparently it just became "real"...

Any of your spouses just come to the realization that they are getting married? Because mine just did with four months to spare! 

FI asked if we could buy him a Tux rather than renting, I said sure. It was tough, but I found the one he wanted and it was on sale, so I bought it! Yay! One more thing off my list! He tried it on, it looks great on him and when he turned around to tell me how he felt he said this "Oh wow, this is really happening"...

Yes dear, it is really happening! 
~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: Apparently it just became "real"...

• Options

I had one of those moment, I think when I was trying on my dress.  It's kind of fun though, it wakes you up from every day life.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    H just said it 'became real' when we picked our venue.  Which shocks me because that was like 8 months out.

It took me longer.  I think it didn't get 'real' until the bridal shower, about 2 months out.

I think I lose points or something.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    It wasn't real for me until I mailed the invitations. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think my moment was when H tried on his suit with his tie and shoes. I was with him when he bought the suit, but seeing everything together was when it hit me.

• Options
    I've had lots of 'real' moments I think: trying on my first wedding dress, bring home our shower presents, getting our marriage license, trying on everything for my first fitting (shoes, jewelry, hair piece).... but it probably won't truly hit me until the night before.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not really sure when it hit me. But I still randomly think, "hey I'm married. How weird."
  • Options
    Our first gift arrived this past weekend. It went to FI's parents house (which it shouldn't have - FI's parents' address auto-filled in our registry for some reason) but it was still surprising, over 3 months in advance. I'm not sure why it was sent - they're my parents' friends, and they sent us an engagement gift, the wife will be attending my shower, and as far as I know, they'll be attending the wedding (she sent me a picture of it written into her calendar). But receiving our first registry gift made it feel wildly real.

I'd imagine we'll feel the same when sending out the invitations.
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    It doesn't feel real for me yet, but I think it felt real for FI right after he proposed.  He celebrated our -1 year anniversary for Pete's sake!  He is far more excited about the wedding than I am, but when it becomes real for me, I'll be just as excited. 

• Options
    I had to drag my fiance to get his ring size yesterday, so either it's both of us not caring (likely) or him being lazy (also likely). Nothing's really gonna change after we get married, so I don't think either of us are ever gonna have an 'ah ha!' moment.

• Options
    I ordered my wedding band yesterday, so that gave me some serious butterflies, but I think I'll be somewhere around showers and sending invites. Dress shopping didn't phase me at all- 9 dresses, 45 minutes and a decision. 
  • Options
    I've had some very small "well, it's kind of real" moments.  Those were when we picked our rings, when I tried on dresses, and when we received the invites we ordered.  But I'm now about 2 months away and it still doesn't feel real.  We're sending out the invites this afternoon, but I don't think that will help.  Maybe once the RSVPs come back it'll feel more real.  It's always been real for FI.  We're both wicked excited, but for me, I think I'm still excpecting to wake up as this has all been a dream.  Anyone else feel like that?  I don't really feel like I'm getting married.  But then again, it's probably because I don't have a dress yet...I'm sure it'll kick in and feel real either the day of or at the rehearsal. 
  • Options
    I've had a few moments where it felt 'real' for a day or two... then it fades.  Signing the catering contract and sending in that deposit was the first big one.  Buying a dress and ordering invitations were also 'real' moments.  I think sending the invitations will be one, too.  I don't think it's going to really hit me until I have to walk down the aisle.  I'm kind of terrified of that.  As long as I don't puke on my dress, it's all good, right?
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Honestly it was real for me when I was reading my vows to the videographer (in case he couldn't get the audio over the sound of the waves). I realized I was shaking and my heart was racing. It was about 15 minutes before the ceremony was set to begin. I had a few "moments" during the planning process, but it was always like "Eh, we still got eight weeks" and whatnot.
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    Yeah, I've had a few holy crap this is really happening moments but out wedding is Friday and I still don't know if it feels real!
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    TXKristan said:
    There were so many "whoa, it's real" moments for me.  And like @Misshart00, DH and I still have moments when we're like "um, hey - we're married".
    I'm getting a kick out of calling him "husband". Not even socially, because I haven't had an opportunity to be like "And this is my husband, Mr. Courtania". I'm just like casually walking past him like "'Scuse me husband!"
  • Options
    kerbohl said:
    It doesn't feel real for me yet, but I think it felt real for FI right after he proposed.  He celebrated our -1 year anniversary for Pete's sake!  He is far more excited about the wedding than I am, but when it becomes real for me, I'll be just as excited. 

Haha we celebrated our -1 Year Anniversary this year, too! It was very fun.
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I cried when I tried on the first wedding dress at the salon.  It put it on and it kind of hit me that this is really happening.  It wasn't an OMG this is *the* dress moment...(I didn't even choose that dress)  it was just a "wow, I'm trying on wedding gowns and we're actually getting married" moment.

Kind of weird.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    I never had that "real" moment dress shopping either...maybe during my first fitting in a few weeks. I have had some smallish ones during our pre-marriage counseling sessions and as I'm starting to get the invites together. This past weekend I kept catching myself thinking "Oh boy this is forever"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For us it was when we went to get the marriage license.  We both had that WHOA moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards