Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Reception Buffet Ideas!!!!

I need help figuring out buffet ideas. They need to be easy to make (Im doing it myself) and not take too much upkeep (Dont want my family to have to miss out on anything because they were refilling buffet station every five minutes) Our wedding is in April, and we are having just a light lunch, not a full on sit down dinner. We were thinking wraps and maybe salad, but i need another side to go with it. And a few more options for the more pickier guests who dont like healthy foods, lol. Any ANY ANY suggestions would be soooo appreciated! Thanks!! :)

Re: Reception Buffet Ideas!!!!

• Wraps, salad, perhaps a pasta salad, and things like fruit, veggie, and cheese platters will be the easiest for you to take on making yourself.

Please consider hiring high school students or teenaged friends of the family to handle clearing plates, light clean up, taking out trash bags, refreshing the buffet platters, etc.

It's rude to ask family and friends to do it for free. Even if they were to offer, they would probably have a much better time if they could just enjoy the wedding.   I am sure that for less than 100 dollars you could get a teenager or two to help you with this. 
  • Pasta salad, fruit salad, potato salad, pita chips
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

What time is your wedding? If it's during a meal time, guests will expect (and should be served) a full meal. So you might have to add an entree item to your light snacks/salads.

Are you renting professional buffet equipment? Does your venue have enough refrigeration/heating options?

Trust me, you need to be super careful with food safety (especially maintaining serving temperatures). Otherwise you can get a bunch of people sick...fast. Not a good memory of your wedding!

I think it's going to be much easier to suggest food options if you fill us in on these couple facts.

• Our Venue has buffet tables, and I think we decided to do Wraps, Salad, Pasta Salad, and like Finger sandwiches. Our wedding is at 2:00 p.m. so we wanted to keep it light, and have desserts be the "main attraction" pretty much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards