African American Weddings
Options

The NERVE of SOME PEOPLE... (vent)

So I see my aunt at my neice's birthday party this weekend and she tells me "Oh you made a mistake on your Uncle Randy's RSVP card, you put one so I crossed it out and put 2" WTF?!? My first instinct is to let her have it, but I caught  myself and told her in my nicest, FIRMEST voice "No mistake, he doesn't have a plus one." I guess she wasn't expecting to hear that response because she spends the next 10 minutes telling me how my uncle's is so in love with this newest flavor of the month and how he really wants her to come. F---k that!! Hell no she isn't coming. I don't even know her! My uncle switches out women like he's changing underwear, this heffa might not even be around in two months. And who the hell told you to make changes to my rsvp card without even asking me??!! Then....my mother decides to chime in "Oh Dannitra, don't be like that" I gave her the Excuse me but you aren't paying for any of this so you have nothing to say about this look and she gets the point. I am amazed that the gall of this woman!! I wasn't trying to have this conversation at my neice's slumber party, so I left it at "We have already finalized our guest list and aren't making any additions. She isn't invited, it's as simple as that." Of course she was in her feelings for the rest of the night, but I didn't give a damn, I was in mine too.

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: The NERVE of SOME PEOPLE... (vent)

• Options
    Yayy for you! stick to your guns girl! #theRSVPmadness!
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Yes people suck. I guess they think money grows on trees and people should be invited because they want them there. Good for you for how you delivered the NO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dannitra01 LOL LOL LOL i would have died at that look on your face thats funny how dare she just assume it was ok to add a plus one to your RSVP card omg the nerve of ppl

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Man, I am going to have to start practicing this conversation, I just know it ! LOL Great job standing your ground. Why does everyone think a wedding is about them ???? I for one don't want a bunch of "random" people at my wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

yassss!!!!!! SHE DID THAT!

yes ma'am.. that is right let her know... you are footing the bill so you can be all in your feelings...

but she didnt need to do all that at the baby's slumber party.. plus..she should be happy she got an invite..

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    as i look at these prices for the venues.... HUNTY i so feel you lol 
    folks gonna be extra crispy shatty with me because i am telling them NO you aint invited already and i have yet to lock in a venue.... 

Good stick to your guns.... NO MEANS NO lol

yall remind me of this convo in about 3 months lol 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I would've done the same thing. That's why I'm keeping my wedding a secret from certain people. I just don't need the drama and self invitations.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    I so feel you! My RSVP's are still coming back with plus 1 on them that I didnt approved. If  im over my limit I will be making phone calls letting them know, " The guest YOU invited to MY wedding will not be counted for dinner".  That is so disrespectful that people (blk) invite there crew and probably won't bring a gift. I get pissed off everyday I open the mail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nbrown501 said:
    I so feel you! My RSVP's are still coming back with plus 1 on them that I didnt approved. If  im over my limit I will be making phone calls letting them know, " The guest YOU invited to MY wedding will not be counted for dinner".  That is so disrespectful that people (blk) invite there crew and probably won't bring a gift. I get pissed off everyday I open the mail.
    Preach!!! I seriously feel some kinda way about folks passing out word-of mouth invitations to my wedding like it's a backyard bbq
  • Options
    @ neet....nessa guuuuuurl! My hair is laid like: if she dont know, now she know. Do Not stop saying that speech, word will get around that they can play witchu if they wanna but it is not game. I want some of yalls invites to have a picture of miss kenya on em - because yes ma'am dont come for me unless i what....? Say it church.
  • Options
    sultryzulu LMAO LMAO LMAO U R TRULY AH MESS.....MISS U HONEY BUN

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @ neet....nessa guuuuuurl! My hair is laid like: if she dont know, now she know. Do Not stop saying that speech, word will get around that they can play witchu if they wanna but it is not game. I want some of yalls invites to have a picture of miss kenya on em - because yes ma'am dont come for me unless i what....? Say it church.
    yasss!!
    #LetTheChurchSayAmen

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options

BOLMAO @ ALL OF THIS!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards