Honeymoon Discussions

Calling for rain while in Mexico

Hello Knotties,
So I've been watching the weather forecast for next week in Mexico, I know a lot can change between now and then, but they are calling for rain a few days while we are there.  I'm not terribly disappointed by this possibility, however am curious to know who has travel to Mexico late May and how much rain you got?  Did you do any excursions when they were calling for rain?  We are headed to RM, and will be doing the Tulum visit, I'm considering visiting Tulum on one of these overcast days, thoughts?

Re: Calling for rain while in Mexico

• amyjo700 said:
    Hello Knotties,
    So I've been watching the weather forecast for next week in Mexico, I know a lot can change between now and then, but they are calling for rain a few days while we are there.  I'm not terribly disappointed by this possibility, however am curious to know who has travel to Mexico late May and how much rain you got?  Did you do any excursions when they were calling for rain?  We are headed to RM, and will be doing the Tulum visit, I'm considering visiting Tulum on one of these overcast days, thoughts?
    I didn't travel in May, however I wish I had an overcast day for Tulum when we were there!  It was so damn hot that I felt like I was baking under the sun the entire time there.  We cut our visit short because it was too uncomfortable.  
  • I wouldn't worry too much. I vacationed in Mexico and they called for rain every day. It did, in fact, rain every day, but only briefly. Then it would clear up and the day would end up being perfect!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Everytime I've gone to MX, the forecast has called for rain.  Our 8day HM had rain forecasted everyday and all we got was a sprinkle for about 5 minutes one day.  Their rains there can be much more tropical and come and go quickly.
  • MKM2014MKM2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We were there may 4th-12th and it actually didnt rain once. We were told peak rain is more toward September and October, but I wouldnt be surprised if you had a few little bursts of rain. We went to Tulum at like 8:30-9:00 AM and it was very hot toward the center of the ruins, but at the edge near the ocean it was actually quite comfortable with the sea breeze even on a sunny day in the low-mid 80s. We didnt go back through the central ruins for more pictures or anything after the initial tour lol, it was difficult to sacrifice the comfort of the breeze :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards