Wedding Party
Options

To rent, buy, or just use what you have- suits

My FI has many suits, including one or two he's had to purchase for previous weddings.  He doesn't want to purchase a new one, just wants to spend that money getting the one he has tailored to him (he is quite tall and can't gain weight for anything, but that's a vent for another time :)  It's a pretty standard black two-button suit.

His plan is to just ask his GM to just have the same type of suit- two button black.  Most of the GMs were in the same previous wedding where they all had to buy this suit, but not all of them.  They may have the same type of suit, or I guess they will have to buy one to match.  I've tried to stay out of it since it's the GM.

I mentioned this to one of my MOH, whose BF is a GM, and she kinda side-eyed the plan, saying we really should all just buy or rent new ones so everything will match...  

Do you think she is right, or is our plan fine?  (I think it's kinda funny that she thinks the men should all match, because I've asked the ladies to all pick different dresses, and she loves that idea, so I don't think slightly unmatching suits would stand out when all the dresses are different as well...)

Re: To rent, buy, or just use what you have- suits

• Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    The GM don't have to match.  I think your plan is fine.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options

I think just telling the GMs to wear a nice black suit of there choosing is fine.  I would even leave out the two button requirement as well because honestly I never notice how many buttons a suit has let alone if all the GMs have the same amount of buttons.

I would say to bring all the GMs looks together, since they will be going with different style suits but in the same color, I would buy them all the same ties in the color of your choosing.  That way there is some coherent piece in there.  But then again, you don't have to do this either.

• Options
    hgminorhgminor member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Yes, my plan is to get them the matching ties/vests/whatever it is my FI decides to accessorize the suits.

Thanks, I just started to second guess things when she commented.  We'll stick with my FI's plan (honestly, I don't even know if he cared about the button number, we may just ask everyone to wear their own black suit).
  • Options
    I think the plan to let everyone wear their own black suit will be fine. That's what we are doing as well, except he hasn't quite decided between black or charcoal. Those who don't already own one will be free to purchase or rent, whatever their preference is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our GMs and FI are wearing black suits that don't match.  The only thing that will match is the vest/ties that they're renting.  It'll help keep some uniformity to it without them paying a ton to look like clones.  I don't really understand why a lot of people are fine with BMs in different dresses, but then have a fit that the GMs don't match perfectly.  It works both ways!  Your guests won't be looking that closely, and it will look great!
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I would have to stare at the suits side-by-side for 10 minutes to notice that they weren't the same suit. I think it's totally fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards