Not Engaged Yet
Options

Weekend?

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited May 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
How was your weekend? Do anything fun?

I spent a lot of mine driving. I had to drive 2.5 hours to pick up my mom on Friday because her car just died and my dad had to use his to get to work later. Then we drove 2 hours to Delaware to help my aunt get ready for my cousin's baby shower. 

Saturday was the shower and everything was adorable! My cousin was so happy and they asked me to be the baby's godmother! I'm so excited! After the party ended, my mom and I drove the 2 hours back to her house and since it was late, I decided to stay over. 

Sunday, I woke up at 7am and Lucy and I headed home. Bailey and Hailey haven't seen Lucy in over 2 weeks so I couldn't wait to get home with her. B was a total cuddlebug, as usual. He was hugging her and rolling around in her blankets. H was kind of a biotch at first. She was hissing at Lucy and swatting at her face (she hasn't done this in a long time). All is fine now though! 

I'm back at work today after being off for 18 days and it is ROUGH! 

Re: Weekend?

• Options
    edited May 2013
    RDR- Congratulations on becoming a Godmother! That's so exciting!

My weekend was crazy busy. I don't think we sat down for more than a few minutes. Friday night we stayed up too late so I was tired for most of the day on Saturday. I did have a successful appointment with my hairstylist who I plan to book for the wedding. I'm super excited about that. 

The wedding FI and I went to on Saturday night was beautiful. The weather held out the entire night and it was at these Polo fields where there were all these horses just hanging out in the barn. Every now and then they would poke their heads out. It was so cute! It looked like they were watching the wedding lol. 

I again was extremely tired on Sunday from the wedding the previous night so I was chugging coffee Sunday morning before we went to church. This week I will be going to bed as early as I can to catch up on sleep.
  • Options
    We had a nice weekend!  Saturday I got a quick workout in, then we went down to the new Farmer's Market downtown and picked up a bunch of veggies, some jam, honey, pasta, and bread.  Then we had lunch at a place we love on a little lake.  That night I had a bachelorette party for a friend.  Was fun, but I think I'm too old for the bars at 2am.  

Yesterday we spent a TON of time in the yard.  We built our house last summer, so we have zero landscaping, unless you count the beds of weeds.  We finally filled our flower box, pulled and treated weeds, and started putting down mulch/wood chips.  We still have so much to do, it's sort of daunting.  I picked up a landscaping/outdoor living magazine at the grocery store, so I'm getting some good ideas, but I worry because I somehow manage to kill everything I try to grow, and plants and trees are expensive.  

My kids were with their Dad this weekend, they came home sunburned and covered with mosquito bites, and I mean covered.  The bugs are horrible in our area this year because of the rain and flooding we had in April.  My 6 year old took a bath after dinner, then I did aloe and itchy cream duty, I stopped counting at 30 bites on him, he was miserable.  I plan to pick up a bunch of bug spray and give him at least 2 bottles, you'd think a 40 year old man would know better, but alas, no.

Finally, we are less than 4 weeks away to the wedding.  Trying to sort out a lot of details, last minute things...  FI is getting nervous, but I'm just ready to be done and spend a week on the beach.

RDR-post those HM pics, your wedding photos were gorgeous!  :)  Where did you guys go?
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options

We had a relaxing weekend.  Our dog just turned 3 so we took him to a huge (acres and acres) dog park.  He got filthy in the mud (and he's an all-white dog so that was fun) but had a blast...we had a little picnic there and I fell asleep while H was keeping an eye on our dog.

Sunday we went to the dog beach to continue the celebration.  We also saw the Star Trek movie last night...I thought it was really good.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @mhollister89 -- That's so cute the horse kept looking out during the wedding! How are you thinking of wearing your hair?

@radleyboo -- I'm jealous of your farmer's market visit. Mine is tonight but I can't get there because H won't be home with the car. I was dying to pick up some fresh veggies for the week. OMG 4 weeks?! It will fly, I promise! If I could get on FB from work I would have posted HM pics today! I have like 200 pics up on there but it's blocked here :(

• Options
    Rdr - that's awesome that they asked you to be the godmother!

Minskat - I really want to see the new Star Trek movie! I'm waiting for BF to get back from New Jersey though so we can go together. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it.

My weekend was really good. BF graduated on Saturday with his bachelors in biology. I'm so proud of him! I got pretty pissed off at the graduation though. I got there HOURS early with him so I could get a good seat (and save some for his family) but then during the graduation people kept getting up and standing in front of us. I ended up having to get up and tell people just how incredibly rude they were being - normally I don't confront people but it was just so incredibly rude of them to block the view of people who have been sitting in the hot sun waiting for at least an hour and a half to watch their family or friend graduate.

Afterward, BF parents had a BBQ to celebrate. BF didn't want the BBQ (he's super introverted) but one of his friends insisted. Then she showed up 3 hours late (basically after it was over) and said she didn't want any food because she had dinner plans with her BF...ummm WTF? I also side-eyed her because her and her BF (of 6ish months) are already talking marriage. She always moves super fast in relationships and it almost always ends badly for her.

Sunday BF left for New Jersey at 4 in the morning. I spent the day relaxing, playing with the dog (I'm house-sitting/dog sitting for his family this week), and sort of working on some work stuff.

• Options
    rdr716 said:
    @mhollister89 -- That's so cute the horse kept looking out during the wedding! How are you thinking of wearing your hair?

I'm thinking about having it half-up/ half-down. I was going to ask if they could curl it as well but my hair is pin straight and the curls will probably fall before the reception anyways so I was thinking about having it styled like this and have the ends curled:

• Options
    @rdr716, congrats on becoming a godmother!
    @radleyboo, sorry your little guy is miserable and itchy :( Hope he feels much better soon.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @minskat30 -- Happy birthday to your pup!

@bethsmiles -- Congrats to your BF on graduating! What's he doing in my neck of the woods?

@mhollister89 -- So pretty!

• Options
    I had some kind of weird cold thing this weekend and was basically in a feverish haze from Friday night to Sunday morning. So, no lunch with BFF. no working out. And no museums and fancy dinner date with BF. :( I was super bummed because this was the last weekend I had off work before I start school in 9 days. Luckily I think we will get a re-do date before school gets too crazy. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    @rdr716 - He is visiting family. I think he said that side of the family hasn't seen him in 10 years!

• Options
    I don't remember much from the weekend!  I have been suffering from "allergies".  friday night, H and I went to see Jerry Seinfeld LIVE and that was fun.  the show started at 7 and our pizza didn't get out to us until 6:30!  thankfully we were only a couple blocks away, so we put it in a to go box and ate in the parking lot.  crazy.

yesterday after Sunday School I went to an Urgent Care because my allergies were so bad I couldn't breathe.  I hardly slept all week because I was so miserable at night.  ended up I have a pretty bad sinus infection.  I got a steroid shot in the bum (ugh!) and a round of antibiotics.  I hate taking antibiotics!  I did sleep last night (laying down even, not on a stack of pillows!) for about 1-2 hours at a time.  the steroids make me sweat and raise my heart rate a little, so that would wake me up and then I'd go back to sleep.  I'm pretty miserable at work today but determined to tough it out.

last night we had storms and tornadoes, so we hung out at my parents' (they have a cellar) until it looked clear.  same threat today, only starting up earlier in the afternoon so everyone is worried about rush hour traffic and kiddos getting home from school.  I am ready to head out of work if it starts looking bad.  I have our "evacuation" bags packed and by the door at the house...  you learned to be ready in minutes here in Tornado Alley!!  I am hoping and praying and wishing that there are no storms tonight!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @amapola14 -- That sucks that you were sick all weekend. I hope you're feeling better!

@bethsmiles -- That is a really long time, wow! 

@cocobellaf -- Sinus infections are the worst. I used to get them almost once a month before I had surgery to help with it. I was thinking about you yesterday when I heard about the tornadoes! Stay safe!

• Options
    @cocobellaf - I'm glad to hear you're safe! Sorry about the sinus infection though, that really sucks.

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    @CocoBellaF - That sounds miserable!  I hope you are feeling a little better.  Your shot in the bum did make me laugh a little though...I got a bad ear infection a few days into our Honeymoon in Mexico.  In order to fly home without busting my ear drum the doctor came to our hotel, took one look at my ear and said "pull down your pants for your (steroid) shot".  I felt like I was 5 all over again.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - wayyyyy too exciting of a weekend you had. But I'm glad that natural disasters and nasty illnesses didn't stop you from seeing Seinfeld - that sounds fun!
  • Options
    nothing could have stopped us from Seinfeld... H is a HUGE fan.  he was so excited!

storms are starting to develop south of us, so I maybe heading out of here in the next hour or two depending on the weather.  :(

thanks for all the good wishes!  hoping I can just sleep all evening/night instead of hide from the tornadoes... I have some good cough syrup that is just calling my name!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF, stay safe and hunker down with a beverage of choice!
  • Options
    My weekend was pretty quiet, but still good.  BF and I have been having the bestest weekends recently.  We're not doing anything special but we've just really been enjoying spending time together lately--it's been really nice!  I can't figure out if it's the nicer weather or maybe that we're both excited about making it "official" soon, but whatever it is I'm really happy and it's definitely helping to keep my mind off being homesick.

Friday we went out for a post-work margarita, went to dinner, and then came home and watched a movie.  We also checked in with BF's close friend who was traveling to visit his long-distance GF and had an elaborate plan to propose--we were really glad to hear it went off without a hitch!  Saturday we spent some time by BF's friends pool during the day and tried a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner--I was pleasantly surprised!  Sunday BF went into the city early for this race that I decided I was not interested in, and I met him later on to have dinner with his family.

Now I'm just sad it's Monday, but tracking information suggests that I should have a Birchbox and a TestTube waiting for me when I get home so at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    and so it begins!  bye, y'all!  keep us Okies in your thoughts.  it's going to be a long night.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @cocobellaf Thinking of you! Please update us when you can!

• Options
    @CoccoBellaF - Keeping you guys in my thoughts.  Stay safe.
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @CocoBellaF - Sorry to hear how miserable your allergies are right now.  Mine have been getting bad the past few weeks, as well, but nothing compared to what you are going through!  Keeping you in my thoughts until the the storms are clear. 

On Friday, I took A to see Oz The Great and Powerful at 2nd run theater nearby.  She went to her dad's on Saturday, and B and I went to see Star Trek.  We also enjoyed it, and I am unclear where all the negativity is coming from.  Sunday, I enjoyed a walk around one of the lakes with my sister before all the thunderstorms moved through and then relaxed with B at home.

• Options
    I'm so annoyed I can't post at work right, it makes me want to go out and buy a smart phone right now. That is drastic.  
    Friday I cleaned the condo, the renters are moving in June 1st.  Saturday we did stuff around the house, painting mostly.  Then went to church and to hibachi for dinner.  Sunday more stuff around the house, new closet door and a pantry was installed.  I also had a reunion for the show I did back in March we watched the video of the show it was so great.

I'm exhausted and it's only Monday

Anniversary

• Options
    @RWS2011 - from what I've read the negativity surrounding the Star Trek movie mostly comes from the fact that it's more an action movie in space than a true science-fiction movie and lacks the sci-fi feel the series had. Personally I don't care about that, I'm just super excited to see it when BF gets back!

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Badass looking spaceships?  Check
    Variety of aliens integrated into daily life? Check
    Advanced technology like... (not sure if it's a spoiler, so won't go into details)? Check

Seems like most modern Sci-Fi movies to me.  :)

I wonder if people are still boohooing about this being an alternate reality reboot?  Personally, I like the concept and feel that they have retained enough of the feel of the original universe created by Gene Roddenberry, while modernizing the look.  /nerd speak, pushes large rimmed glasses up bridge of nose

• Options
    @RWS2011 - haha...yeah I'm right there with you, it seems sci-fi to me! I love that J.J. Abrams has managed to make Star Trek more mainstream.

• Options
    @CocoBellaF, I'm just sick looking at the footage of the tornado that went through Moore, OK. Hoping you and yours are safe ...
  • Options
    My weekend was good. I was in Vegas. We went to FI's best friend's wedding. It was a good weekend. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards