Not Engaged Yet
Options

Too Pretty to Work

Apparently this biiitch thinks she's too pretty to work, so mommy and daddy are paying for everything:

I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Too Pretty to Work

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    Those are some of the weirdest freaking eyebrows I've ever seen. 

Also, she needs to put a bra on.

• Options
    rdr716 said:
    Those are some of the weirdest freaking eyebrows I've ever seen. 

Also, she needs to put a bra on.
    This.

And maybe she should try getting a job somewhere else perhaps?
  • Options
    Agreed with rdr. That being said ... in my field, sometimes it can be hard as a woman to be taken seriously. What I mean is, if Jack and Jill both give equal presentations, say, at a conference, Jack only has to be taken seriously as Jack. Jill has to be taken seriously as a woman, then she can be taken seriously as Jill.

I'm not saying that's necessarily what happened here.
  • Options
    I mean she's pretty enough but she's hardly the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen...

I actually think she looks older than 33.  Also, agreed on the eyebrows and the bra.

What a brat.  She needs to be cut off and get another effing job...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Belle that she looks older than she says she is.

While I agree that woman do have a tough time with judgment in the workplace, I don't agree that not working at all is a good solution.
  • Options
    Simply Fated, I agree that not working isn't a solution. I can't get the thought of judgment in the workplace out of my mind right now - I think maybe, upon more reflection, the more appropriate comment might be something along the lines of "people working in jobs not necessarily following gender lines have trouble with judgment in the workplace." Like female engineers and male nurses, for example.
  • Options
    Golly, I wish I could make the decision that "employment isn't for me at the moment"...

Sorry, sister. Being beautiful doesn't give you a get-out-of-work-free card. We all have to support ourselves eventually.
  • Options
    Eeeek.  Seriously?  I know plenty of lawyers, engineers, doctors, etc. much prettier than her that have managed to hold jobs in male-dominated industries. 
  • Options

Um, 1) She's not THAT pretty. I mean, that's a little arrogant of her to assume that. 2) Yes, please put on a bra. 3) Get a job in a different field.

I work down the hallway from our University's research area, and it's not a pick-up bar or anything it's people working so I'm thinking this is a lot of malarky on her end or her excuse for why she doesn't want to work.

FWIW though, I have a friend who's excuse to her husband for a good 2 years was that she couldn't go back to work because she was breast feeding. Once her H figured out that she wasn't breast feeding at all, he suggested that maybe she go back to work. Well, a few months later, she's KTFU (this kid is now two years old) and told her H she can't go back to work this time and I can't remember the excuse this time around. So, in theory I guess any excuse could work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    She's pretty, slender and seems to have nice hair, but wasn't there a HR department or administration that she could have brought her complaints to? IDK, just quitting isn't really a way to solve the problem. It's like saying it's too hard, so you aren't going to try.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    I've seen (hell I know) women prettier than her who happen to be able to work just fine.  How lucky she is to be able to decide work "just isn't for her." And honestly she doesn't sound like a pleasant human being to be around - which is probably the real reason other women in the workplace didn't like her.

• Options
    1) Delusional
    2) Lazy as f*ck
    3) Spoiled rotten... no way in hell would my parents be paying my bills if I said I was 'too pretty to work.'
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    For someone who feels that her looks are a "curse," she sure spends a shit ton of [her parents'] money maintaining them.
  • Options
    This isn't the first time there's been a story like this from the UK. Remember this chick? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @BriSox81 - I thought we had had a discussion like this before! I thought that lady was nuts too.

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

@BriSox81 - What is up with that lady too?  Are there just a shortage of good looking women in the UK that men are inflating their egos? 

ETA: When my friend and I lived in the UK we did come across plenty of good looking ladies so obviously the above was said in joke.  Didn't want to offend anyone from the UK obviously.  :)

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    That second article is even more ridiculous than the first, and neither of those women are head turners, in my opinion.  The idea that women don't want to be around or feel threatened by more attractive women as a rule is silly.  Not that I am an uggo, but easily half my women friends are prettier than I am.  I rather like to be around good looking women, and I have never worried about my relationships in their presence.  Either the women in these articles are delusional or the women they are around are wildly insecure.  That, or they have shiittty personalities and are using their "good looks" as an excuse for why people dislike them.

• Options
    @RWS2011 - Likely the latter. 
  • Options
    They both are nut jobs.   I personally don't think either of them are rather attractive, and instead just have overly inflated egos.  I agree with RWS, that its probably more a personality issue than looks.  They should be pointed to the definition of narcissistic.

I've worked in outside sales for 12 years, and have been hit on by male counterparts and male customers.   Never once did I think it was because I was so dang special.  It usually has to do with a large portion of male brain function being located between their legs. If they hit on me, I probably wasn't the first nor would I be the last.

I had a doctor I called on, who was still married to wife #4, ask to come home with me for Thanksgiving.  When I told him no, he then had his office manager ask me the same thing for him. Um, no he's married.  She then asked if he divorced #4 if he could.  Gross.   It didn't stop me from being able to work and do my job, but it sure gave me great stories to laugh about.  I can guarantee none of my co-workers were jealous of me for this.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    You've said everything I would have said but my parents would have laughed in my face if I said I was too pretty to work please support me.  She isn't that pretty...

Anniversary

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @suzie211 - Yeah, but you are actually hot.  I am pretty sure you have to quit your job now.   

• Options
    Good god those are some bloated egos.  I understand being a female in a male-dominated workplace can be difficult, but suck it up, report it, or move on.  Okay, that sounds a little mean, but I feel like she's just leeching off of her parents because she feels like she's too pretty.  It's going to hurt her later in life when her parents aren't there to support her anymore and those good looks aren't going to get her anywhere when she hasn't been employed in years.
  • Options

RWS2011 said:
    @suzie211 - Yeah, but you are actually hot.  I am pretty sure you have to quit your job now.   
    @RWS2011- You are too kind!   Maybe I can use this excuse tomorrow and get out of working with my boss;)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    I'd say she's on the pretty side of average, but there's no reason she should be running into trouble. Is it tough working in male-dominated fields? Sure. I've long struggled to be taken seriously. But you just have to try harder.

I have a friend who is pretty (I think prettier than that lady) and a successful mechanical engineer. It's all about having the right attitude and intelligence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards