Outdoor Weddings
Options

Ceremony start time 5:15, is this okay?

I am getting married on the beach and basing my ceremony on the sunset. My photographer said 5:30 is a good time to start if I want sunset pictures. However, on the beach around 6:00ish a 4-wheeler drives through to pick up the lifeguards. I figured if I started my wedding at 5:15, I would definitely avoid the 4-wheeler and it would also not stress me out if I was running behind schedule. If I started at 5:30 and ran behind schedule then the 4 wheeler would definitely drive through. The beach is thinner, they wouldn't drive through our ceremony, just very very close to it and the lifeguards I spoke with said it has happened several times during ceremonies. Any thoughts?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Ceremony start time 5:15, is this okay?

• Options
    5:15 is fine.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    What time is sunset predicted to be? 5:15 should be fine.

As long as your guests are hosted while you are taking pictures, an extra 15 minutes won't hurt anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks :-) Sunset starts at 6:30. My ceremony would be 30 minutes tops. So from 5:45-7:00 would be cocktail hour.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps you could go to the beach one day and try to stop the 4 wheelers and explain your situation to them.  If it is always the same people that is.  Maybe they will be nice and say "Oh, we'll just go at such and such time then".
  • Options
    5:15 is totally fine if its in summer.  Mine started from 5:30 pm, and it was wonderful since its outdoor and it was less hot
  • Options

I think 5:15 would work fine!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards