Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Wording

We have had some discussion on the wording... and I knew right away I would ask the knot ladies for the best advice! I want it to be casual and to sound like us (which is not "traditonal")

Please join us for an evening of

love and laughter,

friendship and family as

Leah ****

&

Christopher****

Celebrate the union of their two hearts

and give eachother the promise

of sharing a lifetime.

My questions is in the second/third line.

Should it be love, laughter, friendship and family OR

love and laughter, friendship and family?

I know the second might not be gramtically correct, but I don't know if I like the "list" feeling I get with the first way.

At the end of the day I really know nothing of spelling and grammer (as you can see from this post alone). I saw the wording in another invitation once and really loved it, but now I am being told I have too many ands...

Hope this all makes sense in what I am asking.

I have a picture to show... but I can't figure out how to upload it?!?

Thanks!!

Anniversary

Re: Invitation Wording

• Ah ha! Here it is!

Anniversary
  • I would do love, laughter, friendship, and family

Also, the part "celebrating the union of their two hearts" makes it sound like it's an invitation for a vow renewal instead of a wedding. If you're not set on it I would say something like "unite their hearts in marriage". If you are set on it I would say "celebrating the union of their hearts" because right now it sounds a bit redundant with the "two" in there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013

Sorry, but I really don't like it. Like PP said, I wouldn't know if it's a commitment ceremony, vow renewal, or wedding. Traditional wording has a reason...it is clear and concise. The purpose of the invitation is to communicate to guests what they are being invited to and that's it. The style of your invitation sets the tone for your wedding, and I feel it is casual with the tree and such. The most I would suggest is adapting one of your "casual" quotes and putting it at the bottom if you must.

Leah Marie Smith

and

Christopher John Jones

Request the pleasure of your company

as they are united in marriage

Saturday, the twenty-first of September

two thousand and thirteen

half past 5 o'clock

XYZ Country Club

Anytown, USA

We celebrate the union of our two hearts

and the promise of sharing a lifetime of

love and laughter

• edited May 2013
    Wording in a sense has to very particular, it does have a specific meaning. However it needs to reflect yourselves and the occasion as well. I like the wording as you wrote it out, I think I agree with the others though
  • Between this and my other post its clear I have too many "ands" so I will take it out! Thanks for your help!!! :)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards