Christian Weddings

Unpopular Opinions: Scent

I hate the smell of coconut!  I was thinking of that this morning as I applied my fragrance-free sunscreen. 

I love the smell of fresh mulch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Unpopular Opinions: Scent

• I don't like "clean" smells that much.

I love the smell of horses and sweat (mixed together, I don't like the smell of sweat by itself).  

I also like the smell of roses, but apparently that is "old lady" smells. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I hate the smell of magnolias. They are all over my county, and to me they smell like rotten flowers. I also think Gardenia's smell like urine, so that's right up there. 

While, I love the smell of bleach and bathroom cleaner.  It smells like a job well done. But I HATE the smell of Pine Sol or it's cousin "Fabuloso".

My favorite smell is a curse.  I love the smell of pine shavings, and the trees in the woods.  Very few places make me happier than a grove of giant redwood trees. But, it's also the best (or worst) way to trigger my allergies.  Oh well.  I love it enough that I will deal with the sneezing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    I hate the smell of flowers and bananas.  For the flowers, I'm highly allergic, so if I can smell it, I'm about to be suffering.  For bananas, it makes me think of the taste and I hate bananas.

Smells I love: fresh baked cakes/pies/brownies/cookies/desserts.  
    Anniversary
  • The scent that I cannot stand is cooked eggs. I don't know why, but even as a child it has always turned my stomach.

I do enjoy the smell of vanilla, but I think that it is not unpopular :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• More often than not, when I'm home for Thanksgiving, I can't stand being in the house for very long when the turkey is cooking. Something about the smell just makes me feel sick.

Freshly mown grass, horse "stank" (how the barn smells or how you smell after riding all day), and this new lemon scent from Bath&Body Works (Sicilian Lemon, if you're interested) are ones I love, though.
  • when it comes to candles I love vanilla or coconut ones.

perfumes: fresh floral fragrances

other smells: fresh cut grass and gasoline

I hate the smell of amber, musky fragrances. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ash61612 said:
    when it comes to candles I love vanilla or coconut ones.

perfumes: fresh floral fragrances

other smells: fresh cut grass and gasoline

I hate the smell of amber, musky fragrances. 

My Grandpa loved the smell of gasoline.  I hope it was a life-long love because he was working at a gas station by the time he was a very younger teenager. 
  • znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I hate the smell of eggs too. It makes me sick every time...:-/
  • @znd13 Glad I'm not the only one! I feel a little less crazy :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• I love fruit fragrances, clean scents like "linen," and *light* musks. Oh, and any candle that smells like baked goods (i.e. French toast or cupcake)! Yum.

Not a fan of floral fragrances. My grandma, bless her heart :), used to be a potpourri fanatic and had a different flowery scent in every room of my grandparents' house. All the scents blended together and the result was a bit unpleasant until you got used to it.

One of my coworkers heats up the most pungent foods and they stink up the whole office...we're talking asparagus, fish, etc. I try not to tease her about it too much but yikes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love fruit fragrances, clean scents like "linen," and *light* musks. Oh, and any candle that smells like baked goods (i.e. French toast or cupcake)! Yum.

Not a fan of floral fragrances. My grandma, bless her heart :), used to be a potpourri fanatic and had a different flowery scent in every room of my grandparents' house. All the scents blended together and the result was a bit unpleasant until you got used to it.

One of my coworkers heats up the most pungent foods and they stink up the whole office...we're talking asparagus, fish, etc. I try not to tease her about it too much but yikes!
    oh, that's another one I don't like.  I hate the frsh laundry smell.  Growing up I could smell it when a house 2 or three away from ours was doing laundry from their drier vent.  weird huh?  It's not like I enjoy the smell of dirt or BO, I just don't like that stereotypical laundry smell.  I use unscented detergent for our laundry. :)
  • ochemjenn said:
    I love fruit fragrances, clean scents like "linen," and *light* musks. Oh, and any candle that smells like baked goods (i.e. French toast or cupcake)! Yum.

oh, that's another one I don't like.  I hate the frsh laundry smell.  Growing up I could smell it when a house 2 or three away from ours was doing laundry from their drier vent.  weird huh?  It's not like I enjoy the smell of dirt or BO, I just don't like that stereotypical laundry smell.  I use unscented detergent for our laundry. :)
    I guess the fresh laundry smell reminds me of my grandma (even though her house always smelled funny...ha), because I used to help her hang laundry on the clothesline. Scent can have so many memories attached to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards