• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Attire and Accessories

I pulled the trigger

I posted awhile ago about wanting to alter a dress I had to be tea length however after much thought and research I figured out that the dress needed major alterations and $200+ for drycleaning. I fingured it wouldnt be worth it and the more I thought about it I dont think itd look right as a tea length and it was to white and washed me out.

Yesturday I walked into davids bridal and surveyed the gowns. Some interest in a few but nothing stuck out. I swung around to the "as is" area(which usually has nothing in my tiny size) but to my surprise a dress stuckout to me...and I my size. They were busy though so I left. I swung by after work today and Iit was still there so I tried I on and I felt so good in it. It feels romantic and soft. It needs minor alterations mainly a hem. The great thing was my consultant was very low pressure and vey attentive. She would come Iin and help me but wouldnt say oh you should buy this and thins and youll get this deal when you do that. It was a really good expirience (and I have some very bad high pressure expiriences at davids)

Anyway I was wondering what accessories I shoukd pair with it. Shoukd I keep the belt or go with something with more sparkle or sonething softer like a soft flower belt? What about hair accessories? I decided to go with a blusher veil so what type of hair accessory would work well with that? Shoes? Jewlery? Thanks!!!

Please forgive the front veiw its a tad big so it makes me look a little boxy. Once it gets altered it shoukd show my shape better

Re: I pulled the trigger

• I like the belt.  I would add some sparkly chandelier earrings and a sparkly bracelet.  You could do any type of veil--traditional or blusher/birdcage.  Pretty dress!
  • You could consider a colored ribbon belt.  It would contrast with the busy texture of the dress.  My sister had one in a color to match her BM dresses.  
  • Beautiful dress! Congrats! Because you are so tiny, I might switch the belt out with a narrower belt - this one seems to mask your shape a little bit.  I'm a fan of subtle bling, and think a thin and sparkly belt would look fantastic. If you're petite, a larger fabric/flower belt might be overwhelming. 

As far as your hair accessories, do you have any pics of what your blusher veil might look like? Generally I think it looks great to compliment your belt with your hair accessories - so if you go with a sparkly belt, a little sparkly barrette/fascinator would look great. If you end up going with flowers, a smaller flower accessory in your hair would look really pretty. 
  • Very pretty dress! I agree about trying a thinner belt or ribbon. The dress is delicate, so I think the belt in your picture kind of overwhelms it. I also tend to like small jeweled details with veils. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards