Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Videographer - Should it take 11 months to get our video?

Hello,

We got married Oct 7,2012.  Our contract doesn't give a completion date, however in January I emailed our videographer and he stated we would recieve our video in late April or early May.  Well we are now in mid May so I emailed him requested a follow up.  Today he replies letting us know it will be done by September 7,2013 which is one month before our anniversary.  How should I reply?  I feel I should get some money back.  Thoughts?

Thank you!

Re: Videographer - Should it take 11 months to get our video?

• Options
    seems excessive. I think you have given them ample time but that's almost a year. I would go crazy having to wait that long. Did you ask them what's the hold up?
  • Options
    Video does take a bit more time compare to photos,  but 11 months is a VERY long time to wait for your wedding video.  How did you find the videographer?  Is it possible to talk to his previous clients to see how long it took him to deliver the final product?
  • Options
    I just learned from my potential photographer/videographer that it will take 90 days to receive the finish product and the video is unedited, raw. I was wondering if this was standard. But 1 full year for a video seems highly excessive. You may want to ask if he has anyone helping him or other jobs ahead of yours, but you may want to put something in writing and have him sign it that makes it binding. "You agree to have the video edited, finished, and mailed by _______ failure to do so, videographer agrees to refund 10% of the payments" something like that. Good luck
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards