Chit Chat
Options

Knottie vibes for dog

Hi all,

It's the middle of the night, I know, but once you all wake up would you mind sending some of those positive healing vibes to my puppy?

She's been throwing up all day after getting into some garbage and possibly eating some aspirin and bandaids. She was doing okay and seemed to be on the mend until around an hour and a half ago when she turned extremely lethargic and wouldn't lift her head. She peed on the floor (which is unlike her) and now she's headed to the hospital with fiancé who is beside himself and doesn't want to wait until the morning.

It doesn't help that she stepped in a bed of ticks this weekend and we pulled 10 off of her yesterday, shortly after they latched on. So there are so many things that could be wrong with her right now that I can't fall asleep. My mind is racing.

Anyway, any positive vibes you could send, I'd really appreciate. Thanks all.

Re: Knottie vibes for dog

• Options
    Poor pups. Vibes for her from my pups and myself.

My little one sticks stuff in her mouth all the time. She doesn't normally swallow it, she chews it a lot, plays with it in her mouth, and then sticks it under the cushion of her bed with the rest of her "treasures". When I empty it out, she clearly thinks she lost her "precious".

Also, she's low to the ground and furry and ticks LOVE her. I'm pulling 1-3 off her a day, or finding them dead in the house. I heavily recommend Frontline. It kills any tick that comes into contact with the dog within 48 hours.

I'm sure she'll be okay!
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I'm actually still awake, and I'll be praying for your doggie!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Vibes to you!

On an unrelated note, I had a dream about you last night, Zoberg. You were from Belgium. That's really all there was, but that was weird. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Hope she's ok! It's so scary when our pets get sick.  Havalina sends her a big pup hug.
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    Aww poor thing :( Sending good knottie vibes!! Please keep us posted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How is she?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Thoughts and vibes for puppy! Let us know how she is!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Good vibes from here too!
  • Options
    harper0813harper0813 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    @AddieL73, I'm flattered to be the girl of your dreams!

She threw up again while at the vet last night, and they gave her charcoal to kill the toxins of the aspirin. They didn't find anything weird with her bloodwork, which means no damage to her liver or kidneys. They'll try feeding her a little this morning and afternoon, but if she continues to throw up, she'll be getting X-rayed for a bowel obstruction. Which means possible surgery. Which means $$$$$.

If she needs surgery, we'll have to cancel our trip to Milwaukee on June 1, when I'd be celebrating my birthday with my family, meeting with our new day of coordinator to hopefully hire her, meeting with a new cake baker since our last one fell through, and having engagement photos done. Our photographer doesn't have any other weekends this summer, so this is our one shot at engagement photos. Just such bad timing for this to happen. I wish she didn't eat such CRAP - she has a fixation with inedible objects. But I just want her to be better. I already called the vet at 7 AM and I want to call again (at 9 AM CST)... but I can't.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay so I totally called the clinic to see how she was doing under the guise of "wanting to make sure my phone number was the emergency contact" (instead of FI's, because he's usually unable to answer his phone) - and they gave me a happy update. They fed her a little turkey at 7 AM this morning and she's kept it down. KNOCK ON WOOD!

And I forgot to THANK YOU all PROFUSELY for the good vibes!! Keep 'em coming, if you don't mind!
  • Options
    Good for your puppy. I have a dog that will eat anything. Even when we think we have everything locked up and have done a scan of the house, she finds something. I hope your puppy out grows her bad habit.

• Options
    @avolker1

I have been meaning to tell you I adore your sig pic. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    How's your puppy feeling today?

• Options
    She's home - and she pooped! Speaking of pooped, she is PASSED out belly-up on my stomach and lap right now. She ate her dinner (we need to feed her bland food) of homemade plain chicken and rice with vigor and then she burped and farted. She looks like a goof with her one shaved arm. But she was beside herself with happiness to come home (which most people wouldn't notice, because she has an attitude and never wags her tail) and we took her for a nice long walk and she skipped and pranced.

Thank you everyone for the vibes and love. They are truly healing!
  • Options

Glad to hear she is doing well Zoberg !!   Do you have a trash can that is covered?  I had one that is covered, but the dogs still got into it. So I bought a cool one that is completely dog proof.   

Sort of like this one:

http://trashcansunlimited.com/pro1425722.html

Our three dogs got into a bottle of advil 2 years ago, all three had to be rushed to the emergency vet.    Of course, it always sucks when our dogs get into stuff, but you are lucky that it was aspirin and not advil/ibuprofen!

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    @avolker1

I have been meaning to tell you I adore your sig pic. 
    @AddieL73 thanks! That's my FI in a nutshell.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @cmgilpin - Yep! We actually have a cabinet for the garbage. What she got into was our backpack that we hike with, which my fiance was rifling through in the morning after I'd left for work and he dropped it on the living room floor. (You think he'd learn his lesson after she's destroyed three pairs of his shoes.) She managed to open the zipper and eat the aspirin and bandaids rather than the bag of dog treats, which makes no sense to me. 

We spent yesterday evening majorly dog-proofing our apartment and we made hooks for the offending backpack. And I'm glad it wasn't Advil/ibuprofen too - I didn't realize those were so harmful to dogs!

She zonked out in bed last night - she got zero sleep at the hospital and she couldn't keep her eyes open last night. She slept right in between our butts. It was precious. And now she's on four medications, one of which I'm not allowed to touch because the pill absorbs into skin and harms a woman's eggs and causes major deformities in unborn children. Which is freaky. Why does this medication exist?!
  • Options
    Now that she's all rested, she'll be looking for trouble again. What kind of dog is she? That face is precious.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    @MairePoppy - she absolutely will. I set out five different bully sticks plus a big fluffy and clean blanket to cuddle on, PLUS she's wearing a cone to keep her from licking her shaved IV-arm, so I'm crossing my fingers that she's a model dog today. She's a mini Schnauzer. This is her seconds before I left this morning (I hope you can make out her face a little at least):

I'm just so relieved she's okay. We've only had her for three months.

ETA: I don't know why it's showing up sideways...
  • Options
    Glad she is doing well.

I have to take Chef D to the vet today.  Poor boy has diarrhea with some blood in the stool.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Oh no, the cone of shame! Poor baby.

• Options
    Good luck to Chef D : )

• Options
    @lyndausvi - Oh no, poor Chef! Get well soon!
  • Options
    Yippee!! I'm glad that she's doing a little better! Sending you some good, furry, puppy vibes from myself, FH, and our 2 dogs!!

zoberg said:
    Okay so I totally called the clinic to see how she was doing under the guise of "wanting to make sure my phone number was the emergency contact" (instead of FI's, because he's usually unable to answer his phone) - and they gave me a happy update. They fed her a little turkey at 7 AM this morning and she's kept it down. KNOCK ON WOOD!

And I forgot to THANK YOU all PROFUSELY for the good vibes!! Keep 'em coming, if you don't mind!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sending some good, furry, puppy vibes along to Chef, Lyn! I hope he does well at the vet. Keep us updated here.

lyndausvi said:
    Glad she is doing well.

I have to take Chef D to the vet today.  Poor boy has diarrhea with some blood in the stool.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards