Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Small Wedding...Should I Hire A DJ

I have 45 guests total including the bridal party and was wondering if I should bother hiring a dj since it's a small wedding? The location I'm having my wedding does include a sound system but I don't want people to get bored and I thought a dj would help keep the momentun going but my fiance thinks its ridiculous. Any thoughts?

Re: Small Wedding...Should I Hire A DJ

• As opposed to having a iPod or something similar?  I say if cost isn't an issue, you should totally have a DJ.  First of all, because they'll be better at keeping the momentum going, but also because then you don't have to deal with running the iPod/sound system yourself.  (And it's never good etiquette to press-gang a wedding guest into doing it for you.)  And music is obviously better than no music.  :)
  • carla03 said:

I have 45 guests total including the bridal party and was wondering if I should bother hiring a dj since it's a small wedding? The location I'm having my wedding does include a sound system but I don't want people to get bored and I thought a dj would help keep the momentun going but my fiance thinks its ridiculous. Any thoughts?

If it's in the budget, go for it!  I think it's less stress if you have a DJ.  He or she will also play music that keeps people on the dance floor and keep the night moving along.  They will probably make announcements for you (first dance, parent dance, cake cutting, etc) as well.
  • TeddiD34TeddiD34 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013

I say go with a dj that you've heard great reviews from. A good dj can totally make or break the party.

It's your wedding. It's worth it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @KnotPorscha @KnotJackie @KnotIrene please ban DJ Craig.  Not even trying to hide his identity as a vendor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We're just using an iPod. I'm not concerned about losing momentum because of the group of people we've invited. We could party without music, heh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards