Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

What are you doing with your lashes?

Are you doing faux lashes, extensions or just going natural? I've seen a wide array at different weddings and am leaning towards faux lashes, but worried it might look too over the top. What are you ladies doing and why? Any advice is appreciated.

What are you doing with your lashes? 40 votes

Faux Lashes day-of
50% 20 votes
Lash Extensions
12% 5 votes
Natural Lashes
35% 14 votes
Other-please explain
2% 1 vote

Re: What are you doing with your lashes?

• I've never worn fake lashes, even though i love the look. I didn't think my wedding day was the best to try them out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wore fake lashes the the MUA applied the day of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a big fan of the lash-extension mascaras, that basically use fibers to extend your natural lash.  So easy to use and still adds some drama, but not too, too much.
    Anniversary
  • I just wore my favorite mascara, CoverGirl Clump Crusher.  But I had a daytime ceremony and lunch reception, so I didn't want much drama or glamour.
  • I wore fake lashes applied the day of the wedding.  I opted for shorter lashes.....I found the longer ones were over the top for me.  I did a trial, so I worked out what looked best before the actual day.  
  • I went o' naturale.  I was luckily gifted with long and full lashes (oh do I thank my lucky stars for that daily) so fake lashes or lash extensions are just not necessary for me.

If you do go with fake lashes just make sure you try out the different lengths before your big day.  My SIL had fake lashes applied and between those crazy long things and the 5 pounds of makeup she looked a bit like a clown.

• I'm still on the fence between false lashes on the day or lash extensions. I got a coupon for 1 application and one fill in for the extensions, but if I don't like them can they be removed? How far in advance should I get them?

• I wore faux lashes. I practiced a month in advance on how to apply them. YouTube really helped in that department. I wore the Ardell 109 lashes that were more of a natural look
  • Im wearing demi false lashes. They really elongate the eye and are quite natural.
  • I like the way fake eyelashes look in pictures. If you are not used to them they can get annoying.I would not try and test them out the day of your wedding.
  • I did a trial run with my makeup and didn't think that I would need faux lashes but my makeup artist used the demi lashes and it really opened up my eyes. She did one with the full lash and the other eye with the demi and I was surprised at the difference. I am also adding single faux lashes to add to the look and make them look fuller. I have a vintage themed wedding so it still looks very natural. The lashes give my eyes enough drama without going over the top!
  • I'm still on the fence between false lashes on the day or lash extensions. I got a coupon for 1 application and one fill in for the extensions, but if I don't like them can they be removed? How far in advance should I get them?

I do lash extensions so i can help you out.  Lash extensions are light weight, you do not even know that they are on, strip lashes are very heavy and very irritating if your not used to them.  Lash extensions are glued one by one to each of your existing lashes and fall out as you naturally shed your lash.  They can be removed proffesionally but you probably wont want to, you can also remove them at home by putting an oil based product on them.  And be careful where you go to get them, you want an esthetician who has been trained to apply them and ask for a hypo-allergenic glue!
  • Lash Extensions are perfect for special events.

They look the most natural if you don't have long ones applied.

They should be just a little longer than your own. They fill in beautifully.

They work out great all through your honeymoon, don't need mascara!

False lashes can look fake in photos and your eyes can look heavy.

• I'm going to either have faux individual lashes applied the day of, or am going to get extensions a few days before the wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards