Not Engaged Yet
Options

I am not excited at all.

Well, I will not be getting that puppy.

I was supposed to hear from them yesterday to make an appointment to view the pup.  I called the owner of the rescue place, and she gave me bad news.

Apparently last night, that puppy died. :(  The woman said that she had been fine all day.  She had been playing with her siblings, as well as eating and drinking normally.  But last night I guess the puppies went to nap and they noticed she wasn't breathing.  They don't know why she died, but they aren't adopting out the siblings until they can be sure they won't do the same.  She said that all the tests from the vet from over the weekend came back normal and she believes the puppy might have had a weak heart or something.  

I am upset.  I wanted to meet that puppy so badly.  There's another that we're going to hopefully meet soon and hopefully nothing will go wrong.  But in the meantime, I am more than a little heartbroken.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I am not excited at all.

• Options
    I'm so sorry *hugs* A similar thing happened to a friend of mine last month. They were all set to adopt a puppy and then she suddenly died, it's heartbreaking.

• Options
    Oh my gosh, that is awful :( I am so sorry, Shiroyasha, that is so upsetting and sad. I hope that the other pups are healthy and will be OK.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013

Oh no.  Poor puppy!

I'm sorry.  *hug*

Want to hear a quick story that may help a little?  The day I got my dog, just a few hours before meeting him, I had been all set to adopt another dog.  I had talked myself into it and told the lady I would I take him, but then she told me she couldn't take a check for the adoption fee.  I left, intending to go to the ATM for cash and come straight back, but something didn't feel right, so I didn't go back.  A few hours later, I met Sawyer.  Now, I kind of feel like there is a reason I couldn't get first dog.  Sawyer and I were meant to be in each other's lives.

It's still awful that the puppy died, but I promise that things will work out right for you.

• Options
    I'm so sorry, that is disappointing but the right dog for you will come along like Elle said.

Anniversary

• Options
    @bethsmiles My BF told me that puppy deaths aren't exactly rare when I told him about ours. I didn't realize that puppy deaths are more common than I think they are.

@elle1036 I love stories like yours because they give me hope that after all the trouble we're going through to find a puppy, the one we will finally get someday (hopefully soon) will be amazing.

I really hope this new puppy is healthy. It's a completely unrelated litter, so hopefully there won't be anything wrong. Now I get to play the waiting game to see how long it takes them to call me back to set up an appointment to view the new puppy.

I guess her litter mates are all still alive and healthy so far. She's not adopting them out until she's sure they won't just up and die like the one I wanted did.

Sometimes bad things happen so that better things can brighten our lives. But I still wish the first pup didn't die.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope the other puppies are healthy and strong and I hope you will get to take one of them home with you.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Aw I am so sorry, that's so sad :(

• Options
    I'm so sorry!  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    It's heartbreaking when we fall in love with someone and they're gone before we got to let them feel that love. I'm so sorry!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    It's heartbreaking when we fall in love with someone and they're gone before we got to let them feel that love. I'm so sorry!

I always get too emotional when it comes to animals, and one day when I saw a cat die after being hit by a car, I called my dad sobbing and he told me that even though the kitty was in a lot of pain, the universe sent my love and concern to him and he felt peace as he passed because of my sadness, so he wasn't really alone and was comfortable. Even if she didn't get to love that sweet puppy by bringing her into her home, her love and excitement about her was enough and she'd found a place in the home that is her heart, so she knew she was loved and had found a forever home.

• Options
    I'm so sorry that this had to happen. Sending you hugs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    I am so sorry!  That's terrible.  Poor little pup :(

BF and I were all set to adopt the most adorable little black lab a few months ago.  We stumbled across a pet fair, filled out the paperwork, were approved on the spot, etc.  We totally fell in love with her and even had a name for her, and then our landlord shot it down and we never saw her again.  I know that's not the same as a puppy passing away, but I do [somewhat] know how you feel.

Sending you hugs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    So sorry, sending hugs and positive puppy vibes for a future adoption.

• Options
    I'm sorry.  :(  I work with a cat rescue group and unfortunately a lot of the kittens don't make it.  The babies don't have fully developed immune systems and often have hard time fighting off any germs, and they just crash.  

The good news is there are so many out there that do make it that need loving homes, and will be happy to meet you when you are ready.
  • Options

Poor pup.  :( 

I "second" the idea that it might be for the best and your "true" fur-baby might be right around the corner.  When I was looking for a Great Pyrenees, I lost contact with the breeder I was working with (she went off the grid).  I was very upset but ended up finding my current dog shortly thereafter and I couldn't imagine life without the crazy monster.

• Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. 

Even though I didn't get to meet her and bring her home, I think @ahstillwell is right.  She now knows that there was someone who loved her and wanted to give her a forever home.  And maybe she now knows that there's a pup out there who needs me more that she did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards