October 2013 Weddings

Menus

As I shovel my favorite meal in my face I want to know if we can just drool together over food.  What are you serving to your guests?  I want to know all the details.

Right now, we are having an antipasta station for cocktails. I don't know if this will change or not.  It depends on the final guest number and what I am feeling at the time.  
The menu is set though - it's a buffet:

Caesar salad
Heirloom Tomatoes with buffalo motz and torn olive oil bread
Thyme and chervil (what?) roasted chicken with a mushroom wine sauce
Dijon and herb crusted strip (hand carved)
Baked potato bar
Green beans and baby carrots.  

Our venue is a country club with an excellent reputation for their food and their tennis.  FI picked most of the menu and he did a good job.  He is adamant about getting our plates and hiding in a closet so we can eat what we picked out.  

Your turn...
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Menus

  • Cocktail hour is fresh veggies, cheese and crackers, chips/dips, and a booze fountain.

    Dinner we are having the standard broasted chicken dinner(family style) with options for gluten free and vegetarian guests. I think we are going to add beef tips too. Its broasted chicken, mashed potatos, steamed veggies, dressing, rolls, cranberries, and a dessert they call knee caps (look like cream puffs).

    We are also doing late night snacks around 9:30/10, but we haven't decided on those yet. Maybe pizzas?

     

  • SimplyME22SimplyME22 member
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Our tasting with the caterer was amazing, I can't wait for the big day!

    Our menu is:

    Cocktail hour:  Charcuterie of assorted meats and cheeses, fresh veggies and fruit, pumpernickel bread with spinach dip and tomato soup shooters with mini grilled cheese bites.

    Salad course: Honeycrisp apple and gorgonzola salad with walnuts and cranberries served with balsamic or raspberry walnut dressing.

    Main entrees: Romano Chicken, Beef Roulade and Vegetarian Stuffed Shells

    Sides: Roasted Seasonal veggies (squash, onions, carrots, etc), roasted rosemary fingerling potatoes, and FI's request- gourmet Mac n' Cheese!

    Cake for dessert and a popcorn bar with sweet and savory options.
  • I don't have all the information in front of me, but going off of the site, here's what we have (and will edit it if I'm really off)

    Open bar through cocktail hour and dinner

    Cocktail hour:
    • Vegetables, meats, cheeses as cold display
    • Carving station (I believe we get choice of 2 meats, probably a ham and tequila lime marinated flank steak?)
    • Boneless chicken filet in champagne mustard sauce
    • Fried calamari with a spicy marinara sauce
    • Shrimp and scallop newburg
    • Eggplant rollatini stuffed with ricotta and parmesan cheeses
    • Chicken Francaise sauteed in white wine, butter and lemon
    • Tenderloin tips served with crushed black and green peppercorns
    Champagne toast

    Appetizer
    • Maine Lobster Bisque
    Salad
    • Arugula with red onion, Mandarin orange and sliced almonds in a red wine vinaigrette
    Entree (choice of - ordered tableside)
    • French chicken breast on sauteed spinach with market mushrooms and pancetta (or, it could be Glazed French chicken breast with balsamic honey beurre blanc - don't remember)
    • Grilled salmon with Tuscan beans and roasted garlic, red pepper coulis
    • Chateaubriand - sliced beef tenderloin, Burgundy reduction
    • All entrees served with chef's vegetables and potato
    • Or, there is a vegetarian option (don't know what that is either)
    Dessert
    • Wedding cake (usually offered by venue, but we switched that out since my cousin will be making it)
    • And, I think there are small desserts placed on each table (probably a few chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake, etc)
    • coffee or tea, espresso and cappuccino available on request
    • selection of after dinner liquors and cognac
    I'm also debating setting up a candy buffet table as well...but haven't decided yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

    image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

  • Ro041Ro041 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Our menu:

    Cocktail Hour;
    Drinks
    Soft Pretzels
    Mini bags of specialty chips (famous in this area)

    Dinner
    Food truck #1 (Guests can order whatever they want for 2 hours for a flat fee.  truck, will provide a gluten free option for a few guests):
    Italian salad
    Toasted ravioli
    Cannelloni
    Chicago style sandwich
    Portabella ravioli (vegetarian option)

    Food Truck #2 (we will pay by consumption):
    Korean BBQ
    Tacos with your choice of Steak, Chicken, Spicy Pork or Tofu
    Quesadillas with your choice of Steak, Chicken, Spicy Pork or Tofu

    Cupcake Food Truck:
    13 dozen cupcakes in 5 different flavors.  We will do a tasting this summer to figure out the flavors.

    Late Night Snack:
    Maybe a hot dog stand.  We haven't decided.

  • We are having open bar all night, and we provide the alcohol/bartender (my parent's neighbors son is a bartender at a local club so we are going to hire him for the night).

    Cocktail hour - 3 different appetizers: chicken wrapped in bacon, another chicken one, and a yummy cranberry garlic tartlet thing

    Toast: champagne or jack daniels shot (optional)

    Dinner: plated, 
    first course salad with apples, cranberries and candied walnuts in a viniagrette, 
    Second course either a salmon dish or a steak dish with wild rice and seasonal roasted veggies. We will also have a vegetarian option (not sure what yet I need to read through the options and decide) and a kids meal which is chicken tenders and a fruit salad.

    Dessert - cake. I am thinking lemon with raspberry filling, white cake with salted caramel filling and butter yellow cake with chocolate filling
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

  • Everyone's food sounds beyond yummy.  Is it possible to wedding crash all of the weddings?  @Hannah your cake is beyond amazing sounding, salted caramel nom nom nom please.

    We have an open bar all night, and wine on the tables during dinner.

    Cocktail hours: 
    3 stations:
     italian antipasto (salami, pepperoni, ham strips, olives, pepperchinis, marinated mushrooms, red bell peppers, artichoke hearts, mini mozzerella balls, pickles & green onions
    Crudités ~ Assorted Vegetables & Dip
    Roma Tomato Bruschetta w/ Assorted fresh grain breads
    We are also having passed shrimp cocktail

    Champagne Toast
    Plated Dinner:
    Caesar Salad
    Choice of: Chicken Parmesan, Filet Mignon, Italian Baked Haddock

    After Dinner, we are having a Venetian Station with a coffee station with after dinner liquors, and so far 10 different types of cookies, and wedding cake (this goes on for the rest of the night, so guest can grab a box of cookies to take home with them)


  • Um... I'm crashing all the weddings, just for the delicious noms.

    And okay, y'all are gonna call me crazy, but hey. FH & I are beyond excited about this menu. This is what we have from our caterer, we just need to make final selections.

    Passed hors d'oeuvres:
    quiche lorraine
    mini biscuits and gravy (this is going to require serious talks to my caterer, because I want these suckers ALL NIGHT LONG)
    shrimp frittata w/hollandaise sauce

    And for the food stations:
    Pasteries (muffins, croissants, & danish)
    Fresh fruit display (pineapple, melons, raspberries, grapes, strawberries & raspberry yogurt dip)
    Strawberry crepes brulatour (w/cream cheese & pecan filling, strawberry grand marnier sauce)

    "Main entree" choices (we'll pick two)
    breakfast strata (eggs, oven roasted tomatoes, fontina cheese, basil)
    breakfast torta (eggs, roasted veggies & gruyere cheese, encased in puff pastry & layered)
    french toast (w/pecans & fresh fruit w/maple syrup)
    mascarpone stuffed french toast (w/powdered sugar and fresh berries)

    scrambled eggs w/toppings (bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream, sausage, peppers, onions, mini shrimp

    "Sides"
    peppered bacon
    breakfast potatoes w/green peppers & onions
    sausage links
    asparagus w/herb cream sauce

    I want to have the food available all evening, since we're doing the whole meal appetizer style. We're going to have an open bar all night long, with beer, wine, bloody marys, mimosas, & screwdrivers (as well as the soda/pop and a few juice choices). We're also going to have a coffee bar, where guests can get lattes, cappuccinos, "normal" coffee, tea, cocoa. And, oh yea. Cupcakes. We have 5 flavors picked out: lemon, red velvet, blueberry (it's like a muffin, but it's a cupcake!!), cherry cheesecake, and GF vanilla.

    FH & I are very serious when it comes to brinner. We started talking about the menu as a "wouldn't it be fun if..." and then quickly realized we didn't want anything else besides brinner. 
    hardlyhannah
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    snippet17 said:
    Our menu:

    Cocktail Hour;
    Drinks
    Soft Pretzels
    Mini bags of specialty chips (famous in this area)

    Dinner
    Food truck #1 (Guests can order whatever they want for 2 hours for a flat fee.  truck, will provide a gluten free option for a few guests):
    Italian salad
    Toasted ravioli
    Cannelloni
    Chicago style sandwich
    Portabella ravioli (vegetarian option)

    Food Truck #2 (we will pay by consumption):
    Korean BBQ
    Tacos with your choice of Steak, Chicken, Spicy Pork or Tofu
    Quesadillas with your choice of Steak, Chicken, Spicy Pork or Tofu

    Cupcake Food Truck:
    13 dozen cupcakes in 5 different flavors.  We will do a tasting this summer to figure out the flavors.

    Late Night Snack:
    Maybe a hot dog stand.  We haven't decided.

    I am self inviting myself to your wedding for all the reasons in bold.
    Go for it!!!!!!  Are you a vegetarian?  I hadn't run the menu by any of the vegetarians on our guest list, so I was hoping there would be enough food options for people who don't eat meat!

  • shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2013
    I have decided I'm pushing my wedding so I can gate crash and eat all of these tasty noms!! 

    Also, I'm now -starving- and it's only 9 am!  Ya'll suck.  :p

    We haven't done the tasting yet, but the venue's an upscale Italian restaurant situated on a vineyard.

    The reception will begin at noon and has to wrap up at 4 so they can reset for dinner service that evening. 

    Right now I'm leaning:

    Appetizers:
    Bruschette
    Antipasti Misto

    Main:
    Chicken Parmesan
    Beef Filet

    Sides (I've got to narrow this down to 2):
    Insalata Mista
    Creamy Polenta
    Patate Arrosto

    Dessert:
    Cannoli

    We're serving cake too.

    The options on their menu all sound SOOOO tasty!  Plus, at our tasting we have to select our wines and beers and such.  This place is so awesome since they'll get in whatever craft beer or whatever we want.  I'm planning on sampling EVERYTHING possible.  :) 

    Now I'm CRAZY hungry!!
  • lplions said:
    Um... I'm crashing all the weddings, just for the delicious noms.

    And okay, y'all are gonna call me crazy, but hey. FH & I are beyond excited about this menu. This is what we have from our caterer, we just need to make final selections.

    Passed hors d'oeuvres:
    quiche lorraine
    mini biscuits and gravy (this is going to require serious talks to my caterer, because I want these suckers ALL NIGHT LONG)
    shrimp frittata w/hollandaise sauce

    And for the food stations:
    Pasteries (muffins, croissants, & danish)
    Fresh fruit display (pineapple, melons, raspberries, grapes, strawberries & raspberry yogurt dip)
    Strawberry crepes brulatour (w/cream cheese & pecan filling, strawberry grand marnier sauce)

    "Main entree" choices (we'll pick two)
    breakfast strata (eggs, oven roasted tomatoes, fontina cheese, basil)
    breakfast torta (eggs, roasted veggies & gruyere cheese, encased in puff pastry & layered)
    french toast (w/pecans & fresh fruit w/maple syrup)
    mascarpone stuffed french toast (w/powdered sugar and fresh berries)

    scrambled eggs w/toppings (bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream, sausage, peppers, onions, mini shrimp

    "Sides"
    peppered bacon
    breakfast potatoes w/green peppers & onions
    sausage links
    asparagus w/herb cream sauce

    I want to have the food available all evening, since we're doing the whole meal appetizer style. We're going to have an open bar all night long, with beer, wine, bloody marys, mimosas, & screwdrivers (as well as the soda/pop and a few juice choices). We're also going to have a coffee bar, where guests can get lattes, cappuccinos, "normal" coffee, tea, cocoa. And, oh yea. Cupcakes. We have 5 flavors picked out: lemon, red velvet, blueberry (it's like a muffin, but it's a cupcake!!), cherry cheesecake, and GF vanilla.

    FH & I are very serious when it comes to brinner. We started talking about the menu as a "wouldn't it be fun if..." and then quickly realized we didn't want anything else besides brinner. 
    Breakfast supper is the best!  That is AWESOME that you are doing it for your wedding!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

    [Deleted User]shaylagirl
  • @hardlyhannah, when we first talked about it and told our families, my mom said "Don't do it, it's weird." His dad said "No". The rest of our families said it sounded good. After telling a few of our guests the idea, their responses cemented our plan. (It was very similar to yours.)
    hardlyhannah
  • @Shalyla I'm crashing your wedding, I have tons of family in TX so I'm all set with a place to sleep.  I love Italian food, and everything your picking including the cannolies cause you definitely can't forget them (but leave the gun).
    shaylagirl
  • This thread is making me very hungry.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

    image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

    [Deleted User]
  • lplions said:
    @hardlyhannah, when we first talked about it and told our families, my mom said "Don't do it, it's weird." His dad said "No". The rest of our families said it sounded good. After telling a few of our guests the idea, their responses cemented our plan. (It was very similar to yours.)
    Totally support brinner!  And it sets your wedding apart, in a good way.  It's not super cookie cutter, I love it!!  

    FI and I said from the start that we want to add elements that are "us" and make the day special and not like everyone else's wedding, so congrats for sticking your ground!!!
    shaylagirl
  • hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    double post - for whatever reason a draft saved from the first time and would go away.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

  • Ro041Ro041 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    @Shalyla I'm crashing your wedding, I have tons of family in TX so I'm all set with a place to sleep.  I love Italian food, and everything your picking including the cannolies cause you definitely can't forget them (but leave the gun).
    Only people who aren't from TX ever say these types of things!  I am from west Texas and constantly have people tell me, "Oh I have relatives in Houston."  Oh.  Cool.  That's a 10 hour drive from my hometown.  @Shaylagirl will understand why I always get a kick out people mentioning they have a friend who went to college in a part of Texas that is a 12 hour drive from you!

    shaylagirl
  • Yeah, Texans gauge distance in how LONG it takes to get somewhere, not how many miles.  :) 

    Although, we're so weird; Austinites will drive to Dallas for a day of shopping and come home that same day.  It's only 3 hours away!  Hop, skip and a jump!!  :)  Well that and, we can go through West and get kolaches (and try not to be horrified and depressed over the tragedy there).

    But yeah, west Texas to Houston is an ass-whipper of a drive.  Getting OUT of Texas takes more time than going through almost any other state I think. 

    But hey!  Bring it!!  We've got food and this restaurant is supposed to be SUPER tasty!!  :)
  • sounds delicious @snippet17!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

    Daisypath Wedding tickers 

  • @snippet17

    I got down to your pierogie selection and squealed.  The rest of the menu sounds delish.  FI is polish and Ukrainian and there is nothing off limits when it comes to stuffing and boiling dough.  Soooo good
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
    hardlyhannahsnippet17fearlessbrideMI
  • Our menu:

    Cocktail Hour;
    Drinks
    Soft Pretzels
    Mini bags of specialty chips (famous in this area)

    Dinner
    Food truck #1 (Guests can order whatever they want for 2 hours for a flat fee.  truck, will provide a gluten free option for a few guests):
    Italian salad
    Toasted ravioli
    Cannelloni
    Chicago style sandwich
    Portabella ravioli (vegetarian option)

    Food Truck #2 (we will pay by consumption):
    Korean BBQ
    Tacos with your choice of Steak, Chicken, Spicy Pork or Tofu
    Quesadillas with your choice of Steak, Chicken, Spicy Pork or Tofu

    Cupcake Food Truck:
    13 dozen cupcakes in 5 different flavors.  We will do a tasting this summer to figure out the flavors.

    Late Night Snack:
    Maybe a hot dog stand.  We haven't decided.

    I love the food trucks....
  • We are just doing apps, but here is what will be served:

    Grilled cheese on sourdough (brie, cheddar and provolone)
    BAT (Bacon, Avocado and Tomato) with a garlic aioli
    Blackened smoked salmon
    Fruit tray
    Veggie tray
    Meat and cheese tray
    Spanakopita
    Meatballs in a teriyaki sauce

    1 dozen gluten free cupcakes (not sure on the flavor, waiting for my future SIL to tell me her sons favorite)
    3 tier cake - white cake with lemon, chocolate with raspberry and the top one (my FI requested this) chocolate with chocolate
    Wedding Countdown Ticker


    image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • We just finialized our menu today!  I am so happy to get this out of the way and we all agreed (FI and My mother)

    Cocktial hour:

    Fruit and Cheese Stand

    30 different hot butlered horsd'ouvres

    Buffet Dinner:

    Chef Salad

    Steamship Roast Beef (carving station)

    Penne Rigati and crabmeat in White Sauce

    Chicken Prosciutto with Provolone cheese

    Filet of Flounder

    Stuffed Shell

    String Beans Almondine

    Roasted Red bliss potatoes

    Tomato and Cucumber Salad

    Cheese tortellini Salad

    Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad

    Dinner Rolls.

    Desserts:

    Carved Watermelon Basket with Fruit Salad

    10 Different Assorted Pastries

    12 Differt Assorted Cakes

    And Wedding cake

     

     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards