Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

PW: Please recommend your...

sports bra!  I was in dance class last night and realized that I hate all of mine, and I don't think any of them provide enough support.  So please recommend your supportive, comfortable ones!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: PW: Please recommend your...

• Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got big bewbies, so a quality bra is a must for me. I like the Fiona bra by Moving Comfort (actually I like all of the Moving Comfort ones I own). I also like athleta's workout tops with built in underwire - you order the tops in your bra size. They have really good support, and I like having fewer layers to put on for carido especially. www.athleta.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good post, I'd like to know too. This is horrible but I usually end up putting my sports bra OVER my regular bra to give me more support.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use the C9 Champion sportswear from Target and I love both bras I bought.  I have one that is the standard over your head style and one that hooks in the back and has underwire.  That one is surprisingly comfortable for a sports bra.  Very supportive and I use them for strength training, elliptical, 30 Day shredding (lots of pylo) and circuit training.  And they have nice wide straps.  I never worry about the girls hitting me in the chin.  Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Champion C9 sports bras. They are all I own anymore. They have a few different styles. I own regular over-the-head ones, and also racerbacks with adjustable thin straps. Very supportive and comfortable.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn, I'm intrigued by those bra top ones at Athleta.  Did they have your exact size, and did it fit correctly in your regular bra size?  Are they super low cut?  (I think we have a similar build.)  Looks like they have some on sale right now!

Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm the C9 didn't work for me at all - I actually had to hold my bewbies while walking/jogging down the stairs to the garage to keep them from bouncing, so I knew it wouldn't work for an actual workout. But again, I need super-support bras for workouts (in case it helps, I'm a 34DD or DDD)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also looking on the Target website now... I think I'll check out the underwire kind.

Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    EDITED: Jenn, do you think the Athleta 34DD would work if I'm a 32 regularly?  What size shirt do you order there?

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I buy Nike sports bras from D!ck's.  I get them in a size small, so they give me crazy cleavage but nothing moves and they're comfy!  Of course I wouldn't wear them in public like that...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Femme - I just stocked up on the $12 and $19 clearance tops at Athleta :)

They run true to size (I get the 34DD ones), but I make sure to only get the ones that say high impact support for A-C cup, medium for D-DD. They don't work for me when running, but they are absolutely fine for spin class, pilates, weight lifting, etc.

I haven't found the Athleta tops to be terribly low, but the racerback bra tops do show the very top of my cleavage (not so far down that you can see a crack or anything though)

Their shipping is $7 flat rate, so I'd recoommend buying multiple styles/sizes and simply returning what doesn't work for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_pw-please-recommend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:81bb9f90-8628-4e9d-a33a-edd9c1073be0Post:357da559-f690-46d6-abbe-a797deff8408">Re: PW: Please recommend your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've got big bewbies, so a quality bra is a must for me. I like the Fiona bra by Moving Comfort (actually I like all of the Moving Comfort ones I own).
    Posted by New_to_PGH[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! Do you have a Ross near by you Jenn? If so, check it out! I found a Moving Comfort bra there for like 10 bucks (maybe it was 8). It was a great deal, and I love the bra!

I also bought a Champion one at Kohls that I like, but the moving comfort one is much better!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, I think I'll stock up on a couple from Athleta :) 

Jbee, that's a great deal and the Moving Comfort ones look great!  Investigating Ross store locations...

Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JBee - REI also frequently has the out of season colors on super clearance too - I just got a baby pink one for $12 or so.

Femme - I wear a small in their tops (snug fit through the body on me), Medium if it's something super fitted.
    These are the ones I just bought and liked:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49974&vid=1&pid=709969

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49974&vid=1&pid=720426 (the green pattern in the Bluette perfectly matches with this jacket in velvegreen - http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49982&vid=1&pid=720490)

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49974&vid=1&pid=683747

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49974&vid=1&pid=683754 - this one is much looser through the body than I typically wear, but since it's $12, I kept it anyway :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, I love the matching jacket there!  Ok, I'm definitely buying a couple of these :)

Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe, glad to have enabled you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards