Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Envelopes

We printed our invites through an online printing company and I basically despise the envelopes they sent (I think they're only 24lb).  Does anyone know of a retail store that sells at least 70lb, nice quality envelopes?  We went to: Staples, Office Max, Michael's and Hallmark -- nothing!  Most don't even carry 5.25" x 7.25" envelopes!!  I'd like to see them in person before I buy.

If no retail stores, has anyone ordered envelopes from envelopemall.com?  cardsandpockets.com (I know a few of you used C&P)?  We're using white envelopes, so I'd really like them to be thicker and to not be see-through.  I just don't want to spend $40-$50 just to get the same thin envelopes! :)   I think 70lb should be just fine.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Envelopes

• edited December 2011
    I made our inviations myself and ordered the envelopes from cardsandpockets.com ... I also didn't want flimsy envelopes... and they are perfect.  They're pretty thick (though, I'm not sure of the lb.).  I can slightly see the black text inside on the ones I didn't use a piece of tissue paper with... but barely.  I actually just completely finished addressing my invitations and I have a few left.. if you want to PM me your address I can send you one... so you can check it out for yourself before ordering a bunch.  (I feel the same way, and was terrified to order them without seeing them..) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my envelopes from C&P, Snow White (matte) and they are pretty thick. In fact, my pocketfolds are blue but you wouldn't know from the outside.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered pocketfolds and enevelopes from cards and pockets as well  - great quality.  Would definitely recommend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really want to feel/hold the envelope before ordering, I would recommend a paper store.  Arvy's Paper on Western Ave on the North Side has a nice selection.  I think Stamp Fanci on Perry Highway has some as well.  The online options listed above are good as well.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using paperandmore.com for my invite paper and envelopes. You can order samples for like 10 cents a piece and $1 shipping. I think you can also get samples from cards and pockets.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    I ended up ordering white linen envelopes from envelopemall.com .  I'm crossing my fingers they're nice!!  They should be here Wednesday.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just an update... in case anyone needs to order envelopes...

I ordered the Pure White Linen envelopes from envelopemall.com .  They're still somewhat thin (good, though, because it shouldn't add to my postage!), but they're way nicer than what originally came with my invites from the online printing company.  You can still somewhat see through them, but since they're nicer, I don't mind. They match the linen-look of my invites perfectly.

They're in Chicago, so it only took 2 days via UPS Ground to get to Pittsburgh.  I'd definitely recommend them!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards