Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Help! Need a recessional song!

My fiance and I are having a tough time finding a good recessional song for our ceremony ( our dj is playing the music). We want something nice and upbeat that isn't an organ playing. He wants the Star Wars theme song but I just don't think that will really go with our ceremony as cool/funny as it might be. (haha) Any suggestions? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Need a recessional song!

• Are you looking for a secular song?  My favorite secular recessional is "You're My Best Friend" by Queen.
  • pends123pends123 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    We plan on playing "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. So upbeat and fun! I went to a wedding last summer where they played "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" (not sure if that's the actual title :) ).

ETA: grammar
  • I'm with your fiance. We did Star Wars Throne Room for ours. ;)  It didn't go with our ceremony at all, but it sure as hell went with US! 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    We used "Married Life", which is the instrumental theme song from the movie Up; it plays during the montage of the couple's life together in the movie.  H and I have always loved  this movie, so it fit perfectly for us.  @AddieL73, we used Star Wars Throne Room March as our entrance song for our reception.
  • We are using Sign, Sealed, Delivered!

If your FI wants star wars I say go with it!  Its rare grooms have opinions so let him have this one.

Anniversary
  • We are using 'Stuck Like Glue' by Sugarland (country song). We picked it because we like country, and its a cute, playful song.
  • Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • We had an autistic guitarist play and sing just the chorus to the Lumineers "Ho Hey."
    Is this supposed to say 'autistic'? Or should it say acoustic?  Is there some significance to having an autistic guitar player?? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenn5628 said:
    We had an autistic guitarist play and sing just the chorus to the Lumineers "Ho Hey."
    Is this supposed to say 'autistic'? Or should it say acoustic?  Is there some significance to having an autistic guitar player?? 
    I was wondering the same thing...
  • I am using Bruno mars Marry you.  you could also consider U2 a beautiful day, or shania twain forever and for always
  • We're having a version of Queen's "You're My Best Friend" .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8aUHv0Newo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Michael Franti's Say Hey, I Love You!
  • We are using A Thousand Years by Christina Percucci.  It's from the Twilight Breaking Dawn sound track. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards