California-Bay Area
Options

Help! Need an inexpensive (affordable) venue in the Bay Area - budget $10k

jenmoffat2014jenmoffat2014 member
edited May 2013 in California-Bay Area
Please help! Looking for a *very* inexpensive wedding venue for my wedding in August 2014.

Guests: Up to 165 people
Date: Saturday, August 23, 2014 (can't change the date)
View: Ideally beach/ocean. If not, woods, garden, definitely needed.
Total Budget (entire wedding including dress): $10,000 (About $1500 available for wedding venue cost)
Need cheap good catering for under $25/pp. (Buffet is ok)
Location: Bay Area (within 2.5 hours driving distance of SFO)

Any help or suggestions would be great!
Thank you for your help in advance (I can't tell you how overwhelming all of this planning is!)
~Jen

PS**If you've had your weddings for the $10-15K range in the bay area, can you please post how much you spent and where you had it, along with your wedding info (# of guests/who catered/DJ? Thank you so much!!

Re: Help! Need an inexpensive (affordable) venue in the Bay Area - budget $10k

• Options
    I don't know if this will help, but several years ago we got married at the Gardens at Heather Farms and the total was between 10K and 15K. That may be hard to do today, but the venue is not expensive and they have a list of caterers who do a good job and could possibly meet your budget. I am not sure you could have an entire dinner menu for 165 people though. You may need to cut your list considerably! Good luck!
  • Options
    We're having our wedding at Fortino Winery in Gilroy on a Friday and our site fee is only $800. Lots of things are included but I don't know for your number of people. Worth checking out though. Not woods/garden but very beautiful. Our whole budget is $7k but only 60 people.
  • Options

Couple great beach locations. Kirby Cove, just on the other side of the GG bridge (great view) and or Montara Beach in Half Moon Bay for ceremony and then Cameron's for reception, they have an outdoor venue, very laid back.

I'm a wedding planner and have done many weddings for brides  who are on a tight budget. Linda - Simply Events

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards