Honeymoon Discussions

Resorts with Private Plunge Pools?

Again, in my effort to scout every possible idea before presenting them to FI, I think this sounds like a fantastic idea.  He's not too keen on Mexico, but we'll take suggestions for anywhere else.  TIA!

Re: Resorts with Private Plunge Pools?

• budget?

• I agree with Ali- having a budget target to share will help with recs. There are a few resorts in the Caribbean that have them, but with the exception of the really high and pricey room categories that have them at Sandals, most of them are not AI and are also a bit higher up on the price scale. A lot of resorts in Fiji and Tahiti have them, but again, then you're looking at $6k-$8k at the very least.

• Oops, yes, I should have included that!! I knew you'd be help in this thread @Jells2dot0 - our resident expert on this type of thing :)

Ideally, I'd like to spend less than $10k on everything (flight, food, etc.) if that's helpful - for a week trip.  I'm a bit of an odd one in that I don't like to be in a beach setting for too long-- I get bored.  :) 
  • Not sure what time of year, but check out Ladera, Sugar Beach, or Calabash Cove on St. Lucia. In Antigua, check out Galley Bay or Hermitage Bay. Again, depending on time of year, check out the Hilton Moorea (you can do a split stay with an OWB and their garden bungalows) or the InterContinental Moorea. Kia Ora Rangiroa has plunge pools, as does Le Taha'a. Le Taha'a wil start to get expensive, as will Bora Bora. Fiji also has some resorts as well. I'm trying to think of which ones but I'm drawing a blank ;) I am on my way out the door for my trip to Kauai!

• @Jells2dot0 - I knew I could count on you!! Thanks so much! and have an amazing time, it's 40-something degrees in Pittsburgh right now, so I can't tell you how jealous I am :)
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what time of year, but check out Ladera, Sugar Beach, or Calabash Cove on St. Lucia. In Antigua, check out Galley Bay or Hermitage Bay. Again, depending on time of year, check out the Hilton Moorea (you can do a split stay with an OWB and their garden bungalows) or the InterContinental Moorea. Kia Ora Rangiroa has plunge pools, as does Le Taha'a. Le Taha'a wil start to get expensive, as will Bora Bora. Fiji also has some resorts as well. I'm trying to think of which ones but I'm drawing a blank ;)I am on my way out the door for my trip to Kauai!
    What the heck?  Didn't you just get back from the Cooks??  

J/K of course....enjoy!

ETA: OP - We stayed at the Hilton Moorea with the plunge pool.  It was nice, but the Hilton has fantastic snorkeling, so we spent much of our time in the lagoon.  
  • Wait, is it bad to go to Moorea/Bora Bora certain times of year? 
  • @JoanE2012- yes I did just get back! It was weird timing for it to work out.

@Lmc0322- there isn't a bad time to go, but just a more expensive time. Assuming $2K for food and activities, that leaves 8k for room and air. July-September will be difficult to do both islands and an OWB on one unless you catch a special. Airfare runs a bit higher and the room rates are highest from June-October.

• If you'd like to stay on the continent, I would highly recommend Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica.  It is on the west coast of Costa Rica.  We had a private casita with private backyard and a plunge pool. It is a very affordale luxury destination and much easier to get to than Fiji! 

• Cocobay in Antigua.
    June 16, 2012
  • If you aren't looking for the typical "resort" experience, check out Crystals in St Lucia - the website is a little odd, but we stayed there the second half of our honeymoon, and I promise it's the real thing! (you can check it out on trip advisor, too). And with their rates, you'd have more than enough money left over for all of your meals, flights, and whatever you wanted to do throughout the day.

http://www.stluciacrystals.com/

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards