February 2014 Weddings

HALP!

dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited May 2013 in February 2014 Weddings
Ok ladies as stated we maybe having a civil ceremony to keep me on health care very soon. I will have to pick a wedding band as a stand in. My problem is after looking at thousands of them the one I love I worry will be just too much. Here's the deal the permanent ring takes 6-8 weeks to get its 2000. We need a ring in 1-3 weeks. The one I'm looking at <600. Ideally this ring will be reworn at times for a different look with my e-ring or alone later on. The final ring will be platinum with white diamonds.

Here is my e-ring, and the band I'm considering. Thoughts? Too busy or complementing?

DIStickers.com Ticker

Re: HALP!

• It's really pretty Bianca, just a thought though, maybe you can get somthing cheaper like $100 until then?  Just use it as a sub like you said and leave the one above until your ceremony?  Just a thought :)

• I'd really like a wedding band that can be used as another option down the line. The final band will cost 2k. I will be wearing this for 8-9 months. Fiance is ok with the cost of this one actually. I'd like to avoid silver my ring is platinum and it will chew through silver :/
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    How well do they wear together?  Have you had both of them on together?  If the two rings don't aggravate you or get stuck on things, I like it! 

• i feel like your ering is so wow that the band will distract?
  • I ended up going out to try on rings and found a white gold flower one. It was way too busy. So instead I'm going to purchase one of these flower rings after I start my new job for my right hand. I purchased a rose gold diamond band instead. I tried a white gold one and it was just swallowed by my engagement ring. I figure I can sandwich this band with the final band. I will likely purchase other pave bands as well to do the same :D. I'm eyeing both a white sapphire one, and a black diamond one currently.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Sounds really nice! 

• I went to pick up my wedding band today and uhg they had one that wasnt there a week ago that I really liked. I got the skew and its not online. I called and they're holding it for me. Fiance and I discussed if I should return this one for exchange or not he said no just get the second one since I intended to get a white gold one in the next couple of months as well since the rose is only 1mm thick and I like stacks. This one is a design that I have found only one other place on the internet and its over twice the cost there. We arent sure if its a one off at zales, a new product or what but the store is holding it for me. All they know is what I know it wasnt there a week ago, its not online, and its the only one they have :/.  It is a higher carat weight but fewer stones so its actually cheaper due to having additional discounts currently than the very thin rose one I bought.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • So you like it better AND its cheaper?  Wow, that's pretty awesome - get it!

• pic of the final set? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards