Offbeat Weddings

Peacock Wedding Theme? I started a new blog for Peacock Brides!!

Are you an offbeat bride with a peacock themed wedding? I just created a new blog! Check it out... great articles on all things peacock! 

Re: Peacock Wedding Theme? I started a new blog for Peacock Brides!!

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013

Does this post violate the TOS?  I feel like it does, since it's primarily to advertise your blog.

ETA I actually checked out your blog, and you appear to be posting more about "snark" than anything peacock themed, and don't even appear to be keeping up with your own blog.  What was the point of this?

• Dear gmcr78, I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to post regarding my blog. I thought that possibly it could help other brides, which is the reason why I wrote it. I did one 4 part article about snarking. However, I have also written articles about the choice not to wear a white dress, how to upcycle to create wedding decorations for pennies on the dollar, lessons I've learned from my mother, how to buy designer dresses online, and I also have unpublished articles about how to use couponing to save money for your wedding, among other subjects. I am sorry if this post offended you, but I just wanted to connect with other brides that might get something from the experiences I have had. I'm not selling anything on my blog, nor am I trying to gain anything from it but to connect with other people. I was not aware that I could not post this here and again I apologize if it offended you. I have a facebook page for the blog that is nothing but peacock images, cakes, clothing, pictures, etc. The blog is about my process of creating a peacock themed wedding, and what I have learned in the process. If you feel this post (or any post for that matter) is spam or needs to be flagged, by any means, please do so. I just want to help others and share my experiences. I thought that this is what this forum is for...
  • meh...the story of my life! 
  • FYI: This is my personal blog and I am not selling anything. According to theKnot's Terms of Use, there is nothing wrong with linking to your personal blog. Just so you know. I am not here to sell anything, just connect. 

3. No Soliciting.

There are some incredibly talented Knotties in our community with great ideas, but our boards are here for members to share ideas and hold discussions without feeling like they are being bombarded by promotions and solicitations. This applies to all sorts of businesses - photographers, graphic designers, Etsy shops, etc.

What does that mean exactly? No posts about your business, at all.

If a member asks for a business recommendation, you cannot respond with yours. In your signature, you cannot mention your business whatsoever, or link to it (ebay, etsy, etc.)

You can, however, link to your personal blog.

If you are unsure about what's allowed (this can be confusing), just follow one general rule: other members should not be able to guess that you are a vendor of any sort.

Read more: The Knot: Terms of UseTheKnot.com - http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/the-knot-terms-of-use.aspx#ixzz2WMDGjqEC

• I don't understand having a wedding with a bird theme...isn't the point of a wedding love and commitment? Isn't that kind of the theme? Not that a bird theme is a bad idea, I guess I don't understand having a theme for a wedding anyways. Maybe a color scheme, but not a theme. Maybe someone can explain this to me, as well as the interest in havin a bird themed wedding.
  • Bird themes are one of the biggest wedding themes of this year ... see http://weddings.gatheringguide.com/ac/wedding-themes-ideas-trends/2013-brings-a-flutter-of-bird-themes and http://pinterest.com/3dmemoirs/hot-wedding-trends-for-2013-2-birds/. I didn't really get it at first, but now that I've been to a friend's wedding that was swan themed (they even had swan boats) and a "lovebird" theme (with the cutest cake toppers ever), I'm fully a convert. 
    I don't understand having a wedding with a bird theme...isn't the point of a wedding love and commitment? Isn't that kind of the theme? Not that a bird theme is a bad idea, I guess I don't understand having a theme for a wedding anyways. Maybe a color scheme, but not a theme. Maybe someone can explain this to me, as well as the interest in havin a bird themed wedding.

• @freebread03 -- Only male peacocks have the colorful plumage. Their bright colors and maginificent displays are actually part of their mating process. So in essence, the beauty of the male peacock is all to attract a mate!! Also, the beautiful colors of teal, turquoise, purples, golds, rich blues....it makes for an amazing color scheme! I love everything peacock, and it is huge theme for weddings, events and parties. Some people are more traditional and they aren't moved by themes, which is totally understandable and fine. However, a wedding is an event where the couple has some freedom to express their likes and personalities. I love peacock stuff, not just for the colors, but we are also animal lovers. When I think of peacock, I think of something very romantic and beautiful...but to each his or her own. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards