Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How would you do this seating?

I didnt anticipate this dilemma. We have 3 groomsmen and 3 bridesmaids who are all bringing dates. The tables at our venue seat 10 max, so if we did a sweetheart table that still leaves 2 too many for one table. How would you seat the bridal party so there arent awkwardly empty tables (6 at each with a sweetheart table). Do you think it would be too crowded to push two round tables together and have the whole party sit there?

Re: How would you do this seating?

• Options
    It won't be awkwardly empty to seat three couples at each table. I would do that or have your MOH+SO and BM+SO at a table with you and H, and the rest of the BP+SOs at another table.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would split them 6 and 6. Alot of weddings I've been at have the bridal party at the front with the bride and groom and their significant others have their own table. Just an idea, good luck!!
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Don't push two round tables together. I think that looks ridiculous.  Just split it up and seat couples in the wedding party who know others at the wedding at the table you're not going to be at.  Can you do tables of 8?  My venue is allowing some 10, some 8, depending on what I need.
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We are doing a sweetheart table and then putting the bridal party in with the rest of the guests...not at specific tables. Put them with friends/family (and of course their SOs). I wouldn't worry about having the bridal party at specific tables for them.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abl13abl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    Thanks everyone! We decided to sit with the MOH and BM and their dates, and have a separate table with the rest of the bridal party.
  • Options
    abl13 said:
    Thanks everyone! We decided to sit with the MOH and BM and their dates, and have a separate table with the rest of the bridal party.
    I really like that idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards