Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Cowboy Ceremony

Hi there!! My name is Elissa and I am going to be having a cowboy/western wedding. The fiance and I were raised on ranches and still are very much involved with that life style. We will be having a family friend officiate our ceremony and I am looking for a "script" for him. I saw one online somewhere that was very much cowboy related with lots of referrences to that way of life. It had things like compairing the marriage to a team of horses in the harness pulling together verses against each other. I cant find it now and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some ideas or scripts they might have. We don't want any religious aspects to it because we really aren't religious ourselves. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Cowboy Ceremony

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Unfortunately, I can't help with this in terms of wording.  Wedding ceremonies that are too "themey" often don't come off as something that should be taken seriously because the "theme" is too cutesy and lacking in dignity, so I'd stick to a more, shall we say, mainstream ceremony.  It doesn't need to have religious references, but take the "cowboy" out of the ceremony.

That said, you can use the "cowboy" theme in a variety of other ways, such as decor, food, drink, music, and dancing.  That's how I'd incorporate any "theme" into a wedding-I wouldn't do it in the ceremony itself.

• Options
    This reminds me of the vows on Wedding Crashers that were sailing themed. No one could keep a straight face.
  • Options
    I think if you can't come up with something for your officiant to say yourself you might be better sticking to a more traditional ceremony and showing the theme through decor, as PPs suggest.
  • Options
    If you want the script to be themed, go for it, especially if it's something the lots of your family/friends will be able to relate to or find sentimental. If you can't find the script, start collaborating with friends, especially if you have one that is good with words, and make something up that's genuinely heart felt. You can definitely work something out that doesn't come off as cheesy or corny. Good luck!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards