May 2014 Weddings

We finally get to say May, instead of May 2014!!!

Here we go!!!!! The "official" count down has begun!!!! Tell me, isnt everyone so excited!!! I feel like Im jumping out of my skin!!!!!!!! We are getting married May 24th so this past Friday, our 1 year mark, I was so bloody nervous!!!!!!! You would have thought I was walking the aisle that day!!!!!! I cant keep from smiling!!! My cheeks will be hurting and I realize its from smiling!!!!!!

So far: Booked venue/ceremony sites, contracted with photographer! Met with only one DJ so far...and will get serious about that search soon. Would like to book by July!!! We are also going to hire a jazz, 2 man, band to play during cocktail hr. I am also hoping to do a photo booth. They seem to run about $500-$600.00  (yikes) but Ive seen people post that groupon runs great savings!! So my fingers are crossed!!!!  We also have all of our wedding party picked, asked and accepted!! Yahoo!!!!

Our colors are plum for BM, Champagne for MOH (my sis) and black and plum for GM. I have 11 BM's! :) 4 are out of state! Different states!!! The consensus is we will purchase their gowns in the fall. The ladies want to get that expense over with before holiday expenses. After the holidays they will concentrate on airfare, rental cars, hotel etc. For the GM tuxes, I was just told that we should order extra early because May is a prom month and memorial day weekend! (I have no idea what that weekend has to do with tuxes) so not really sure when the guys will do that!! .  As far as my gown! Ugh!!! I am dieting and have about 70 lbs to go!!! (lost 21) so Im thinking Im going to push the purchase to October....hoping 7 months gives plenty of time to order and get gown in!!

Our reception colors are monochromatic in theme....ivory..champagne..and white. I am DIY my BM bouquets and center pieces. Im doing brooch bouquets. I started purchasing the brooches 2 months ago. I figure I need 110 brooches!!! Oh boy!!!! At first I thought I would be saving money not going with flowers but Im not so sure much will be saved. At this point, I dont mind because I love the "uniqueness" of these bouquets!!! So excited!!!

I just got a complete head count for hair and makeup, so I will be contracting with hair stylist and MUA within the next week or so! I hope!!!

Im planning on sending out the "save the dates" by July! Anxious to order them!!!! :) We didnt have an engagement party so it will feel more official when I get them!!! :)

We also found his wedding ring and consulted with our jeweler for my custom band!!! That was extremely exciting!!! We will probably order them in December!!!!

Would love to hear where you all are in your planning!!! Congrats and here's to an amazing year!!!!!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif

Re: We finally get to say May, instead of May 2014!!!

• Good Day everyone. I am so excited about finally reaching the year mark. I feel I have accomplished a lot of stuff for the wedding.
    Things completed:
    - venue booked and half paid off
    -photography, video, and DJ booked and half paid off. (Same company)
    -wedding party pick and agreed upon
    - wedding dress ordered
    -save the dates ordered
    -design of invitations picked
    -honeymoon selected

Still need to do:
    -BM and MOH dresses
    - hair and MUA
    -Hotel for night before and day of
    -jewelry for myself and BP
    -tuxes
    -shoes
    -flowers

We found his ring but still need to find my band.

Congrats to everyone. Looking forward in sharing my planning experience with all of you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    @soon to be...Congrats!!!!! I wish I could have included "half paid off" on my list!!! :)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • I have booked my venues, DJ, photographer, transportation, purchased my dress and picked my bridesmaid dresses!! I have got a lot finished but so much more to do!

You have no idea how many "worried" looks I got from vendors when I say my wedding is May... of 2014. Then relief hits them. Im glad I can just say "May" now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    @ryanpaa10.....I actually do know those looks!! :) WOW...you are doing great too!!!!! Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards