Snarky Brides

Weddingbee Wednesday! (XP)

Knotties, 

As many of you know, TK Gods have been making changes to the site, and while there are changes many of us like, there are also changes we don't. There have been a lot of back and forth discussions and a lot things we were told would be happening that are now not. Some of our questions go unanswered or the responses to them make no sense, and we feel we are getting the run-around in some areas, and it's frustrating.

We realize that the boards are not only for regs. However, if regs didn't stick around and didn't post, the boards would be dead. Lurking isn't participation. Only by having active members of this community is there a community at all. If not for us, the lurkers would have nothing to lurk, and even they would leave.

In peaceful protest of the things we feel TK Gods are being dismissive about, many of us plan to boycott the site this coming Wednesday (tomorrow). We are asking that any and all regs who agree do not even log into TK that day so the site will not even get our page hits, which helps lead to profits. It is our hope that TK Gods will see a noticeable dip in activity and get a taste of what it would be like if there was yet another mass exodus. It will only work if we can get as many of you to participate as possible.

Lurkers, if any of you agree and want to help, we would welcome your "participation" by not logging in as well, but it is especially important that the regs stay off TK and do not post. AT ALL.

For funsies, a bunch of us have created accounts over on Wedding Bee and plan to go kill their buzz. It should be a great party, BYOS (bring your own stinger) of course.

Do it!  You'll be cool!  All the cool kids are doin' it!  And look! I made this Hive Invasion badge just for you!  It's all about the badges, people. And the unicorns. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Weddingbee Wednesday! (XP)

• Love the badge Addie!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Linger, I was actually thinking more days might be necessary as well. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm thinking a few more days may be necessary, too.

Also how will we know if the KGs respond to our absence?
  • We could always go a few more days or at least LIMIT our participation for several days. I know I'm a serial poster; I could give that up for a few days. 

I guess we would find out when we come back if they said anything about it or see if any changes happen as a result. Nobody's saying it's going to work or cause any drastic changes, but at least we're trying to do SOMETHING. 

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    I've got my account created and started lurking over there. It burns.
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    edited May 2013
    http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/having-a-vow-renewal-to-get-the-wedding-i-wanted-in-the-first-place#axzz2UaicqZrF

I'm going to assume I can link to boards and threads from other sites. Lemme know if that's a flaggable offense.

But holy crap. She got married THREE WEEKS AGO and is already starting to plan her "vow renewal" for her first anniversary.

ETA: Wait, sorry. This is worse:
  • Yeah, I just can't go there until tomorrow. Kmmsg says that there are actually some posters over there who try to speak out against ridiculousness and would make good Knotties. Maybe we can identify these women and recruit them!

• There are a couple of people who do actually give good advice, but most give the It's your day, do what you want.  Though I find a lot are just unaware, and think something sounds like a good idea cos they haven't heard of any negatives

• I'm signed up, same username.

This might be crazy, but are we going to have a "home base" over there or somewhere else where we can share super ridiculousness?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm there, same SN. I'll be telling bitches off like nobody's business tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dec 2010 works for home base for me!
  • E board has been suggested.
  • E for posting as much as possible, Mercedes, and Dec 2010 to go and talk to each other. At least that's what I think is happening....????
  • @peekaboo2011  Pass it on to any of the NEY ladies who might be interested. I didn't post over there b/c y'all have your own little community there, and I wasn't sure anyone would care enough about it since many of those ladies don't venture elsewhere. 

• I just created an account, same username as here. Also, ditto what PP's said, maybe we should just apply this to the rest of the week instead of one day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • We have a few NEYers joining us from my C&P over there.

I have a feeling we'll be banned within 15 minutes if anyone from WB lurks over here.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If anyone has a different SN on Weddingbee, how's about using the same avatar you have on TK?  That's what I did, as I'm Kristen StL over there.

It shouldn't be hard to recognize you all though, what with the excellent advice you'll be throwing down.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited May 2013

This is taking forever to get my email...

I do not approve...

Edit : Got it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013

Unfortunately, I won't be able to log in at Weddingbee (my works blocks that website) however, I will boycott TK tomorrow.

Edit-I am not sure why it's in bold font.

• I just created an account, same username as here. Also, ditto what PP's said, maybe we should just apply this to the rest of the week instead of one day.

I'd like to see if there's any word from the KGs today about how they're going to handle spam without mods (because this weekend was not a good test run) and what the plan is for "Love its." 

Depending on how that goes, I agree that it might be a good idea to leave for longer. 

Maybe they just got in to the office, KP only responded to one spam post in the knot help boards.

I'd like to see if there's any word from the KGs today about how they're going to handle spam without mods (because this weekend was not a good test run) and what the plan is for "Love its." 

Depending on how that goes, I agree that it might be a good idea to leave for longer. 

Maybe they just got in to the office,
    KP only responded to one spam post in the knot help boards.

Then they are late and lazy.  It's nearly 11:00 their time.

They were probably in meetings all morning discussing board changes.
  • I refuse.  If you can't figure out my SN over there you don't deserve to know :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • My avatar for the Bee has a cake on it. 

I don't see us getting banned there as long as we follow their TOS for posting. I mean, all we are doing is hanging out on a public wedding forum answering questions the same way we would here. It's not like when we doled out the crazy advice on April Fool's. 

• Anyone who's read it want to sparknote it for me?
  • Anyone who's read it want to sparknote it for me?

Some here. I'm tying to get some work done today.
  • I haven't read them yet. I was going to do that this afternoon when I get back from tutoring. 
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    It literally says "no sarcasm".
  • I registered...same name, same avatar. I just found out one of my classes is going on a field trip tomorrow which means an extra 45 minutes for me to knot- I mean buzzzz.......
  • It literally says "no sarcasm".
    Seriously?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards