Ohio-Columbus

Vendor Reviews- 5/11/13

Hi everyone! I never posted anything on the board prior to my wedding, but I did lurk some, and found the vendor reviews very helpful! Also, I really want to give some free press to my vendors!!

The Venue at Dock 580- We worked mostly with Molly throughout planning, and Amanda was our day-of coordinator. I cannot say enough positive things about this venue. They were very organized, easy to reach via email (the only way I even tried to reach them) and made sure we kept all of our deadlines. Their pricing is very reasonable and they did not nit-pick small things. The food was great that day and Amanda did a great job keeping my giant bridal party in line and keeping the wedding flowing from one thing to the next. The space is beautiful, the exposed brick and industrial feel is very 'us' and we got billions of compliments on the space. A+

Jennifer Morgan Photography- Jennifer Morgan is a fairly new photographer in the Columbus area and we absolutely loved her. Her prices are VERY reasonable (probably because she is so new) and she is very flexible. Her package included an engagement session and we were very pleased with those pictures and used them for many things throughout the planning process and at the reception. We haven't seen the final pictures from the actual wedding yet, but the 3 previews she has put on Facebook are awesome. I can't wait to see the rest. The only negative thing I can say is that she travels a lot so she was sometimes slow to respond to emails, which, in the end, really didn't matter. A

Get Down Sound, DJ Dan- They are a Canton-based company and we chose them because DJ Dan did a GREAT job at our friend's wedding last year. It was a total dance party. DJ Dan was very accommodating as we somewhat micro-managed him. He allowed us to burn a few CDs of indie music for the cocktail hour and dinner and then took over to get everyone dancing during the reception. He helped my husband(!) and I plan a couple of surprises for each other and was very discreet. The only negative thing I can think of to say is that he did not play one of our "Must Play" songs, which was in my recently deceased grandfather's honor. I did not specify the significance of the song to him, but that was disappointing. A

Austin Singleton, make up- Austin came to the hotel to do the make up for myself and 5 of my bridesmaids. She did a great job and was very efficient and organized. She is also very fun and actually fit in with my friends very well (which I know does not matter... but still!). She did airbrush and regular and also put on false eyelashes of some of the bridesmaids who did not have their full make up done. A+

Jennifer King, hair- Jennifer also came to the hotel and did the hair of myself, 6 of my bridesmaids, the flower girl and my mother. That is a lot of people. She was fast and organized and everyone was very please with their hair. A+

Flowerman- Melissa with Flowerman was super helpful from our first meeting. I came in with a basic idea and she pulled out her little flip-books of flowers and greenery and fleshed everything out. I feel like she really listened to me and helped me stay within my budget. My mom, grandma, sister and I did the DIY construction the morning before the wedding and had a GREAT time. We got to bond and had total control over the centerpieces. I also felt really proud when I went into the venue the day-of, before all the guests arrived, and knew that I had made pretty much everything. A+

Customize Your Event, Greenscreen Photo Booth- Our guests certainly had a great time with the photo booth. This one is a little different from the standard, as you can choose different backgrounds for the pictures (Mt Rushmore, an OSU football game, a picture of the bride and groom). They were great and easy to work with. Its a little pricey- but they had a Groupon deal which made it a little more affordable. Only complaint is that there are WAY more background choices on their website than there were in the actual booth at the reception. A

Urban Express Transportation- Meh. We reserved a trolley and it was... fine. They showed up on time and got us to where we needed to be. They were kind of hard to work with prior to the wedding, though. There were a lot of issues with faxing the authorization for payment of the deposit and they never told me they only received half of the fax. I just kept waiting for it to come out of my bank account and finally called them a month later. Then, after I re-faxed it with different credit card information they charged the wrong card, the one they said they had not received the completed authorization for. This was kind of inconvenient but I did not want to deal with the hassle of trying to get refunded and then paying again with the correct card. B-

Men's Wearhouse- Ugh. They were a headache. We had a large order- my husband, 8 groomsmen, 2 ushers and 2 fathers. People must have been told 6 different prices at various times. We paid everyone's deposits and my husband has a member card or whatever, which should have given $30 off. Some people were told full price, some were not initially given the discount, some still had to pay deposits. We went into the store 2-3 times and they still had problems with this. Everything worked out in the end but I did not need the added stress of 12 people texting me that they had been told price A/B/C/D/E when it was supposed to be price F. B-

I probably seem like a really easy grader, but everything was pretty much PERFECT from beginning to end. I got so lucky!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews- 5/11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards