Florida-South Florida
Options

florist help

hi ladies! i was wondering if i could pick your brains about good florists. i've already met with events by dream makers, j morgan and vivian colls. after meeting with dream makers, i heard that they were posting positive reviews about themselves online and was told that they're getting kicked out of venues, j morgan was wonderful but her quote was way too much for us (and we have a healthy budget!) and i didn't feel like she was completely listening to our vision, and vivian colls was great as well but she is nearly impossible to get in touch with and that makes me nervous plus she didn't have her own flower refrigerator that both the others did and idk if that's normal or not.
i was wondering if anyone had any other flower recs that i could check out. or am i being too picky? thanks for your help girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: florist help

• Options
    AmeshaTAmeshaT member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I am using Flowers by Carol (www.flowersbycarol.com). I didn't want extravagant flower displays and she picked up on my vision with one conversation. Her pricing is fair as well.  

She has been easy to work with thus far. I am planning my wedding from Kansas City to its really important that vendors get back to me in a timely manner and she has. I am going to meet with her next week when my mother and I fly down to do all of the tastings and walk-throughs. I will be able to give you more input then.  
  • Options
    Check out Love the Blooms....she will work with any budget. She knew what I was looking for the moment we spoke. Her name is Susan. 
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Petal Productions

Creations by Blanca

Roman Cusco

• Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

check out Landy's Flowers By Gerardo

he is awesome and affordable

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    I second Susan with Love the Blooms! I met with 4 other florists, but didn't feel connected or feel like anyone cared about my vision until I met with her. We met at Starbucks and talked for hours about what I was looking for....She came prepared with ideas and emailed me more ideas after we met. She is affordable and extremely creative! She actually goes and buys her flowers the week of your wedding at the flower markets in Miami, instead of ordering them by mail like many florists do. I highly recommend her!
  • Options
    RenaectRenaect member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

@EmpireGRL5, Love the Blooms is my Florist too! And I first met her at Starbucks also!

So, I definitely 3rd Susan. She's been in the bi for a while, and I trust her knowledge and expertise.

-Renae

"HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    MeggisMeggis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I am using Petals Panache.  Bobby is awesome.  He was the last of seven that I met with, and the only one I really felt listened to what I wanted and was receptive to my ideas.  I met with Flowers by Blanca, and while she was the cheaper (by half) I felt like my wedding was going to look like every other ones she does.

Good luck!

• Options
    thanks so much girls! i made an appointment with love the blooms. i was a little thrown off with meeting at starbucks, but i'll give her a try!
    in the meantime, keep the suggestions coming please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't be thrown off by the meeting at Starbucks....I think she works from home, which in turn, saves you money, since she doesn't have to spend money on a store front! Secondly, I believe she only does one wedding a weekend, so the week of your wedding, she'll be focused on you! Let us know how your meeting goes!
  • Options
    thanks for the reassurance, empiregirl! i'll definitely let you know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used De La Flor, they were great! Budget-friendly and gorgeous, quality flowers. Everything turned out exactly how I envisioned it.
  • Options
    just wanted to update and let everyone know that i chose vivan colls! she's been absolutely amazing so far and i'm so happy i booked her!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards