Wedding Etiquette Forum

'Day of wedding' kit idea

Brides and bride to be's...

A soon to be groom needs your help :) I recently posted this in the 'Snarky Brides' forum but figured it may help in other areas as the more traffic and the more ideas, the better :)

I am in the process of making a wedding day present for my wife. As part of the gift, I wanted to include a little day of wedding kit as a joke. My fiancé LOVES honey mustard so I am getting a little bottle and putting honey mustard in it as a 'honey mustard on the go' gift. We also joke about this pair of socks that she has that she says are the most comfy pairs of socks she ever owned. So I got her a pair of those in our wedding color. What else would you include in this? Not looking for makeup but more for humor where you as the bride would get a laugh.  From the other forum, some of the ideas sticking were a joke boudoir photo shoot calendar, a nip of booze and chocolate. The more ideas, the merrier :)

GREATLY appreciate your input! Thanks, Mike

Re: 'Day of wedding' kit idea

• I

Brides and bride to be's...

A soon to be groom needs your help :) I recently posted this in the 'Snarky Brides' forum but figured it may help in other areas as the more traffic and the more ideas, the better :)

I am in the process of making a wedding day present for my wife. As part of the gift, I wanted to include a little day of wedding kit as a joke. My fiancé LOVES honey mustard so I am getting a little bottle and putting honey mustard in it as a 'honey mustard on the go' gift. We also joke about this pair of socks that she has that she says are the most comfy pairs of socks she ever owned. So I got her a pair of those in our wedding color. What else would you include in this? Not looking for makeup but more for humor where you as the bride would get a laugh.  From the other forum, some of the ideas sticking were a joke boudoir photo shoot calendar, a nip of booze and chocolate. The more ideas, the merrier :)

GREATLY appreciate your input! Thanks, Mike

I don't have any suggestions for gag gifts, but my partner came to the hotel the night before the wedding with a beautiful, goofy love poem written on fancy paper, and included a seperate love letter.  I was feeling nervous jitters and that letter helped me finish writing my vows. 

I get that you want to be funny, but you might consider including something serious and loving.

• I have no ideas, but just wanted to say that is a sweet idea and I wish my fiancé would do that for me
  • I'm thinking of the kits we've seen on here for grooms - i.e. the socks with the label "in case you get cold feet"  the honey mustard with a "for my honey" tag, etc.  Other things I've seen in those are mints 'for a fresh first kiss', liquor to 'help calm your nerves' etc. 

I think what will really mean the most to her, though, are things we couldn't possibly know.  Little inside jokes.  Maybe some of her favorites (favorite snack, favorite candy, favorite chapstick, whatever it may be).

• kryan32kryan32 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

I think the fact that you're doing this for her is really sweet  :)  How about an IOU for a foot rub after the reception - dancing in heels all night takes a toll!

Take care,
    Kim

• *I* would melt if I got a love letter. My Ex-H got me an antique, embroidered hanky that was blue in case I didn't have something blue. It was special to me because he picked it out himself and had never really gotten me anything of sentiment before that day (or after that day). 

Other things that *I* would appreciate (I know our tastes will be different but it could be applied to her likes)
    - A little picture of my dogs that I will have been really sad about having dropped off to be babysat for 2 weeks at that point....
    - A kermit pez or anything Kermit
    - Mickey Ears (we are taking our honeymoon at Disney)
    - A locket or some sort of small jewelry
    - A wedding charm for my Pandora
    - A 3 Stooges or Muppet Movie for the plane ride
    - A magazine for the plane ride
    - Maybe start a "Honey Do" list of things you will do for her

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Good ideas from PP's. This is a very sweet idea. Much better than the "day-of emergency" kits you typically see ("Oh, thanks for the chap stick and bobby pins..."). I'd love to get a mini bottle of wine and maybe a funny picture of us. Something to make me laugh, which would calm my nerves and remind me of how awesome my FI is.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • all I can add is this is cute; I would definitely do the "budoir pic" something like that would really make me laugh and help lighten the stress the day of.  But also include a really sweet letter; that would be mean the most to me.

Anniversary
  • I have no good ideas for you because I don't know your fiancee very well, but your idea reminds me of something one of the characters did on The Office, back when the show was good. So freakin cute.
  • The boudoir photo idea is hilarious. I also like how @MuppetFan had ideas that relate to the HONEYmoon and a HONEY do list. Really creative! Maybe a note from you (doesn't need to be a poem) to calm her nerves - lists of some lighthearted jokes etc. 

I hope my FI does something like this for me. Big ups @coopman41e!
    *********************************************************************************

• That is such a sweet idea for you. I did something similar for my hubby. I got him his favorite snacks and a card and put it in his bag. Which unfortunately he left at the house so he never saw the stuff until afterwards.

One thing he wanted to do but thought of too late is that we got picture frame snow globes from Niagara Falls (that's where he proposed) and he was going to put a picture of us from that trip in it & put it in my bag for me.

Chocolate and something salty, you can't go wrong. A bottle of her favorite non-alcoholic beverage is good. Think of the things that make her laugh and smile. That's what you should put in there. The socks will really show that you listen to her.

Good job & Congrats!!

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    All those ideas sound lovely.

Not knowing your fiancee, it's hard to know what else she would appreciate.  Do you know her close friends or relatives?  They could provide useful answers.
  • I love the idea of a joke boudoir shoot calendar. I would looooove if my FH did something like that...even if he pasted his face over pics in like a fireman calendar...OMG it would be so funny!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have seen shots of Smirnoff Flavored Vodkas, you might also consider a splitz of wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards