New Jersey

Best Wedding Hall in North Jersey or Central Jersey??

Hello,

I'm getting married in September 2014. Can someone please recommend me an over the top wedding hall in North or Central New Jersey to have my wedding other than the Venetian in Garfield NJ. I want one of the top places. Even though my sister and two of my friends had their weddings at the Venetian, I don't want to be a copycat.  I want somewhere very similar or even better than the Venetian where they have a beautiful decor, the place is huge and most important the food has to be amazing.  I don't care about the price because me and my fiance have been saving for so many years!

Re: Best Wedding Hall in North Jersey or Central Jersey??

• jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    I'd suggest The Grove in cedar grove. Only one wedding at a time, newly built, I've heard the food is really good and its GORGEOUS inside! Not sure of your budget but I think if the Venetian is in your range, then this place will also be. Congrats BTW :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ant7514ant7514 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you Jaz! :) I thought the place was gorgeous cause my coworker had it there.  However, I wasnt crazy about the layout of the main room.  If you're in one spot, you can't see the other guests.  Anyone else have any suggestions of over the top places in North or Central Jersey??
  • I'm sure eveyone will be biased to where they got married but I highly recommend the Park Savoy in Florham Park! It is now owned by the same people as Naninas in the Park but a completely different style place. We got married there last month and it was awesome. In fact, I originally wanted a smaller wedding but then we fell in love the old mansion feel that Park Savoy has and upped our guest list to 125 so we could have an afternoon wedding there. I think they can accomodate up to 400 people though. They recently renovated it and the decor is neutral but so classy and elegant, and they also have a multi-level outdoor patio area overlooking a golf course. We had our ceremony outside too. They only do one wedding at a time which was so important to us. Food is over the top too (ridiculous cocktail hour and venetian hour). I'm sad that the wedding is over since I don't have reasons to stop by there anymore, but I live and work right down the road so at least I get to drive by a lot and reminisce. :-) Good luck!

Valerie512
  • ant7514ant7514 member
    Thank you vnmazzola!!  I'll def keep Park Savoy in Florham Park in mind!! :) Anyone else?? Also what about the Palace at Somerset Park?? Has anyone been there?? I've never been there but I've read great reviews about the place.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I've heard good things about both the Rockleigh and Pleasantdale Chateau. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I'm a Palace bride. I have had nothing but an amazing experience working with them. We will be going for our tasting this summer. It is very clean and gives you that wow factor you are looking for.
  • LJN414LJN414 member
    Check out The Ashford Estate in Hamilton (Central Jersey). It is seriously spectacular! The Pleasantdale Chateau is also gorgeous. 
  • There is the downstairs room at the seasons which is the same owners as the venetian so similar feel and food just different location. I would say the pleasantdale chateau is over the top and super fancy ad gorg!
  • I had my reception at Il'Villaggio and LOVED it. The place is gorgeous and the food is amazing! Like previous posts mentioned the Pleasantsale Chateau is suppose to be real nice! Good luck!
  • The very first venue I visited was The Venetian, and right after I saw it I posted on here asking for advice in finding similar wedding venues. I'm going to give you the exact same list recommended to me! :) :
    Pleasantdale Chateau
    Florentine Gardens 
    Seasons (it is owned by the same people as the Venetian, so they have the same exact menu and the same decor, but smaller. I loved their grand ballroom!!)

and finally, where I ended up booking and I'm having my wedding in October 2014 - Westmount Country Club. LOVED this place!! I fell in love with the marble, the decor, and the entire feel of the place. If you love the Venetian like I do, you will love love love the Westmount!!! Check out the other places though, too! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • I forgot to add the Rockleigh Country Club! It's beautiful there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • What about Shadowbrook in Shrewsbury? 

• I had my senior prom at the westmount cc and it is def a gorge hall with great food. I just hated the fact that you had to use one of their in house florists. It was such a huge turn off for me and I was totally bummed once I visited there.
  • The Pleasantdale Chateau is probably the most over the top in NJ. 
  • I've been to a few events at The Palace and haven't been too fond of their food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2013
    This list is very subjective - I have been to many of the places listed, and although they are "over the top," they are, IMHO, not the "best" wedding halls in NJ. 

Again, and this is my opinion, if you wanted to do something to really "wow" guests, look into places like the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, or Grounds for Sculpture, Bonnet Island Estate, Mallard Island Yacht Club, The Ashford Estate, or a rooftop in New York City - places that people don't normally choose because they are out of the way or expensive. And I know that I just named places that aren't necessarily in NJ or even your style, but a huge wedding hall that is expensive isn't always the "best." Sometimes, I feel they lack a ton of personality because they are so big  (tons of marble, chandeliers and huge ballrooms) and as a result, become some of the not-the-best weddings I have attended. They need larger flowers on the tables to fill the room, which is more expensive as well and means that guests can't talk to each other.

Just my bit of advice. I have been to the Venetian for many, many events. Sure, the food is good, but it overlooks an industrial river with other industrial businesses nearby. That's fine, but it doesn't make for the "best" wedding ever, ya know? I agree with the above post, I did not like the food at the Palace. The food at the Grove was amazing, so that could work for you as well (but it's on a highway/main road in Cedar Grove - not some lush, attractive location). The Seasons also has good food, but could have multiple other events going on? Not sure - when I have visited there, the event was one of many.

Good luck!  

(ETA: Our wedding is at none of the places listed above - so I have no personal feelings attached to any of the places that were mentioned or that I critiqued. I am very happy with our choice but don't expect it to be the "best place ever" cause again, that is so very subjective.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

For the most over the top I'd say:

the Plesantdale Chateau

or

the Palace

If you really want to go nuts, cross the river & check out the Plaza & the Pierre

• Not sure of your budget but if you are looking into a place like Venetian, check out...

Rockleigh Country Club

The Estate at Florentine Gardens - one wedding at a time

Crystal Plaza

Pleasantdale Chateau

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We liked Pleasantdale, Naninas and The Palace, and ended up booking the Palace.  It just had everything we wanted and we found it very clean and classy.  Florentine Gardens as well!
  • ant7514ant7514 member
    Thanks everyone...much appreciated!!
  • I'm also a September 2014 bride! We booked Seasons, which is the same owner as the Venetian, so if you loved it there - you HAVE to visit Seasons as well! Good luck :)
  • agu101agu101 member
    Clarks Landing in Pt. Pleasant.  It was the first venue we looked at and it truly ruined any other venue we looked at.  The staff is incredible, the food was delicious (the cocktail hour alone is out of control!), and the view is beautiful being on the waterfront.  All my vendors love Clarks Landing and were so excited to work there.  I recommend it to anyone!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards