Chit Chat

Need creative, very inexpensive ideas...

So about 20 years ago, my grandma passed away. Shortly thereafter, my mom was given her purse, and she decided to save the change inside so that when I got married, we could purchase something small that would be a gift "from Grandma". Fast forward 20 years; my mom gave me the purse, and I am on the hunt for something small and simple that could be a tribute, and "gift" from Grandma. I have four dollars in change. Ideally, I wanted to buy a little flower clip to wear in my hair, but even those run about 5-6 dollars at Claires, and I want to stay true to the original amount as much as possible.
So that said...does anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be something I will wear, but I would like it to be present and visible on the big day.
Thanks!

Re: Need creative, very inexpensive ideas...

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Maybe you can buy a length of ribbon or a pretty piece of lace to incorporate into your bouquet (if you have one) or dress in some fashion.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

that way you could maybe pass it on to a future child in terms of a christening outfit if you intend to have kids and christen them

• What about a flower clip from Michaels or AC Moore? They usually havea 40% off coupon you can use on one item.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you have flea markets in your area? If you do you can find jewelry, hair clips etc for really cheap.
    Anniversary
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    I like the ribbon idea! What about a hankerchief? If someone knows how to sew maybe they could embroider your grandma's name or initials on it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the lace/ribbon idea! I'm just getting to know the area I live in, butI think I've heard of a weekly flea market that's around here somewhere, I'll have to look into that!
  • I really like the handkerchief idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards